The Lead Regional Component Engineer position is to support the overall supplier and component readiness for new programs of critical new and challenging mechanical parts. This energetic individual will work closely with the supply base to resolve development, quality, and technical issues to enable the successful launch of new products to meet organizational goals of “on volume, on –quality and on- time”. The candidate must have extensive experience working with suppliers to bring technically challenging components to production in the consumer electronics industry.
- Working directly with product design engineers and suppliers to deliver manufacturing feasibility while maintain product design and functional requirements. tooling and equipment to best meet design and assembly specification while maintaining design for manufacturing standards.
- Designing, developing and qualifying production processes at supplier factories.
- Establishing process Cpk for all critical to quality manufacturing steps at component suppliers.
- Responsibilities include travel to various suppliers located in, but not limited to, Southern & Northern China, Taiwan, Singapore, and Malaysia to support process capability
- Performing product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved manufacturing efficiency.
- Delivering manufacturing capacity at or below budget targets
- BS degree in mechanical engineering, plastics engineering or other applicable technical area.
- Minimum of 10 years of broad experience designing, fabricating, debugging and launching tooling in high volume manufacturing while delivering quality, cost and capacity.
- Excellent knowledge of manufacturing processes for thermoplastic, sheet metal stamping, metal machining, die casting and thixomolding.
- Computer literacy and a basic understanding and knowledge of computer based analytical tools (i. e. Spreadsheet, Word & Database) and purchasing and accounting practices very important.
- Problem solving and decision making techniques and a strong understanding of contracting and negotiating.
- Innovative, self motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision along with strong leadership, management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written, presentation and interpersonal skills are required
- Experience with high-volume world-class design and manufacturing techniques for consumer electronic products
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Mobile Application Developer
Lead Developer (Backend) (m/f)
DevOps Engineer - Video
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Back End Engineer
Blue Star Sports, Frisco, TX - Main Street
Doctolib, Berlin, Germany
Merchant Support Specialist
Tapingo, Tel Aviv