The primary responsibility of the senior software engineer in the SDK team is to lead the engineering effort in the team to produce deliverables within the agreed upon scope and schedule. Qualified candidates need to be a self-starter and able to operate in a highly dynamic environment.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to their assigned development team
- Lead the design and development of the APIs and features in the SDK
- Work hand-in-hand with the key stakeholders and developers using the SDK
- Support overall engineering and architecture effort of the SDK group
- Write elegant, maintainable, reusable code, leveraging test-driven principles to develop high-quality applications
- Troubleshoot and resolve software defects and other technical issues
- Act as a mentor and subject matter expert within the company and developer community
- Perform peer code reviews to ensure highest code quality in the SDK
- 5 to 8 years of proficient experience working on software products
- Experience leading engineering teams from concept to ship in agile environment
- Extensive experience with API design and SDK architecture
- Extensive experience with OpenGL
- Expert level experience in one of the game engines
- Expert level C++ in a production environment
- Strong functional and automated testing, test strategy and planning and development experience
- Experience with mobile software development
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Must have familiarity with Android Open Source toolchains, techniques, and native libraries.
- Must have familiarity with the Android application component model and embedded IPC mechanisms.
- Experience with Vulkan Drivers is nice-to-have
- Experience with VR/AR development is nice-to-have
- BS/BA is preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Elasticsearch - Java Engineer - Geospatial
Manager, Software Engineering
Snap Inc., Seattle, WA
Lead Software Engineer
Senior Back-End Engineer
Dataminr, New York
Senior Full Stack Engineer
SurveyMonkey, San Mateo
Summer Intern 2018, Gameplay Programmer
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL