Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, games and user experience. We’re adding another dimension to computing where the digital respects the physical and they work together to make life better. We are headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and we’re growing quickly. Join us and play a role in shaping the way we’ll experience our world tomorrow.
Our Technology Transactions group is part of the legal team here at Magic Leap. We collaborate with a broad range of people within Magic Leap to structure and negotiate deals for the hardware, software, and cloud services that we need to build our products and provide our services. As Counsel, Technology Transactions at Magic Leap, you will be responsible for working with engineering, business development, finance, and other groups on a wide variety of matters concerning the hardware, software, and cloud services that go into and are used to build the Magic Leap products and provide our services.
- Structure and negotiate deals for hardware, software, and cloud services throughout the entire product life cycle, from early-stage development through high-volume supply and operation.
- Work with and actively engage cross-functional teams, including product, engineering, business development, security, and finance to ensure alignment and incorporate their input into technology deals.
- Educate internal stakeholders, including senior leadership, on legal and business risks and tradeoffs in technology deals.
- Track and prioritize various workstreams.
- Develop ways to increase the efficiency of the Technology Transactions group.
- Supervise contract administrators, paralegals, and other non-lawyer subject matter experts on routine work such as drafting SOWs.
- 3+ years of experience working in an AM Law 100 law firm or in-house legal department on technology transactions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of key issues in hardware, software, and/or cloud deals.
- Experience managing review and use of open-source software.
- An innovative and effective approach to solve complex legal issues in order to support strategic business initiatives.
- Ability to translate legal advice into actionable guidance for engineering and business teams.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and manage a diverse workload, and meet deadlines within a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- A high level of professionalism, outstanding business judgment, and superior legal analytical skills.
- Enthusiasm for/understanding of/early adoption of new technologies.
- Engineering Degree and/or engineering experience (including coding experience) preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Bright Health, Minneapolis, MN