The Mechanical Manufacturing Process Engineer works closely with electrical, optical, systems, industrial design, and mechanical engineering teams to design quality, high-volume consumer products. We are looking for candidates who are creative and energetic team players who excel in a fast-paced, hands-on environment.
Position would be expected to perform as an individual contributor on a multi-disciplinary New Product Introduction team through development, design, manufacturing, and production release. Candidates must be highly innovative and enjoy working in a dynamic and creative environment.
- Design, develop, and refine volume manufacturing processes and qualification plan
- Drive necessary design changes to improve product and process performance while maintaining the ability to repair the product
- Identify best in class equipment and specifying same
- Develop equipment acceptance tests and collaborate with vendors to modify equipment as needed
- Drive production ramp readiness with mechanical, electrical, optics, systems, and operation engineering teams
- Lead cross-functional teams for root cause activity/problem solving for opto-mechanical or electrical components/devices
- 10+ years of industry experience as a mechanical or process engineer in consumer electronics, compact imaging systems or optical systems is preferred.
- Experience with mechanical product design and design lifecycle
- Detailed knowledge of fabrication methods used in consumer electronics and compact imaging systems including injection mold tooling, sheet metal fabrication, die-castings, and lenses
- Experience with Creo/Pro-Engineer (preferred), FMEA, tolerance analysis, and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GDT)
- Experience with SMT and PCB for process, design, and failure analysis
- Versed in 6 sigma concepts such as DMAIC, Cp/Cpk, MSA, and PT
- Skill in data analysis and process qualification
- Experience working in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Experience with the production ramp of a high volume product in factories in the US and Globally
- Ability to travel to other Magic Leap locations and vendors for up to 25% is required
- Must be confident in a highly dynamic and creative environment
- BS degree in mechanical engineering
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”