Are you a seasoned web developer who wants to hone your expertise in 3D web?
As a Developer Support Engineer (Web), you are the front-line engineer ensuring a wide range of creators are successful when making web content for Magic Leap. This role is an opportunity to educate developers about the opportunities in 3D web, develop sample websites and code snippets to drive standards and best practices, and support Magic Leap’s web developers and partners as they bring their content online with spatial computing.
You will become knowledgeable about Magic Leap’s web platform to shape the direction for content on the web. Co-creation with internal engineering and product teams is a must. This is a unique opportunity to understand and drive mixed-reality web content development at every layer.
- Prototype Mixed Reality web experiences to close developers’ learning gaps
- Overcome developer challenges by documenting better samples, tutorials, and guides
- Evangelize spatial web offering at key developer events and conferences
- Provide technical solutions for developers building web experiences for Magic Leap, delivering the highest level of developer satisfaction
- Work closely with web and platform engineers to incorporate developer feedback into Helio, Prismatic and the Lumin SDK
- Engage with our product and engineering teams to build, drive and improve our tools and processes
- Professional competence using 3D web technologies and libraries such as Three.js, WebGL, A-Frame
- Professional experience with frameworks and libraries such as Angular, ReactNative, React, vue.js, next.js
- Knowledge of 3D data formats (CAD, Obj, FBX, GLB, etc), file conversions, and optimizations are a plus
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Able to communicate complex technical issues via email and in-person
- Great interpersonal skills; ability to influence and contribute meaningfully to cross-department initiatives
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with WebXR Device API and initiatives; experience with other open-source initiatives a plus
- Previous support, evangelism or education experience
- Familiarity with AR/VR SDKs and cross-platform development: ARCore, ARKit
- Familiarity with Magic Leap’s Lumin development platforms and web offering
- Experience with version control & continuous integration tools: Git, Gerrit, or Perforce
- Equivalent work experience or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
- Please apply with your resume and cover letter.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”