Senior Manager, Technical Program Management - Advanced Optics
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
See jobs at Magic Leap, Inc.
Magic Leap is seeking an energetic and dynamic Program Manager to manage R&D specializing in optics and opto-mech systems.
Lead group of cross-functional technical and operational subject matter experts in order to accomplish the following:
- Drive teams with ambiguous “definition of done” and significant unknown risks.
- Provide clarity and lead teams with continuous priority changes.
- Act has a problem solver and drive efficient decision making.
- Create an agreed-upon definition of project scope and goals.
- Prioritize and manage resources.
- Define and track KPI’s for each project.
- Develop project schedules and identify resource gaps and risks.
- Risk reduction & mitigation with clear actions and owners.
- Create and drive an integrated project plan.
- Convey to project team a strong sense of urgency and a bias for action. Keep all teams focused with clear/crisp priorities.
- Exhibit sustained energy in achieving aggressive results and high standards of performance.
- Lead well-organized, efficient meetings using effective meeting protocols and guidelines.
- Champion change initiatives (if necessary) for the business in ways that generate understanding and support from team members and coworkers.
- Apply Agile/SCRUM PM methodology to projects if deemed necessary
- Meet regularly with core team to synchronize and track progress, document task updates and discuss corrective actions
- Effectively arrive at the heart of a complex problem, focus on root cause, and implement corrective action
- Drive creation and maintenance of key project performance metrics to report status and analyze trend
- Prepare concise status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends related to schedule, budget or scope
- Meet regularly with technical management, managing director, and program management to communicate updates and recommend actions
- Manage all aspects of projects from initiating, planning, executing, tracking, and closing.
- Proactively identify project risk, identify mitigation actions/owners and ensure action closure.
- Assist in budget and costs discussions.
- Bachelor’s degree in EE, ME, Chemical, Physics, MBA preferred
- PMP/CSM/CPO/6 Sigma Certification preferred.
- 10+ years experience managing technical projects and/or programs
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in managing a comprehensive product development process and subsequent successful delivery of highly complex opto-electro-mechanical systems.
- System mindset with clear understanding of component and sub-system impact to overall projects.
- Basic understanding of semiconductors, nanofabrication and mechanical engineering concepts, processes & materials.
- Experience with Agile, Waterfall, and Scrum methodologies
- Proficient in MS Project, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Advanced understanding of statistics and design of experiments.
- Advanced familiarity with problem solving concepts, such as FMEA, 5Why, 8D, DMAIC.
- Ability to quickly understand complex, interdependent technical requirements
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills, good attention to detail, and ability to follow issues through resolution
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Bulk Handling Systems
Bulk Handling Systems, Bulk Handling Systems