Mixed reality devices need to sense and understand the world around them with tremendous precision and speed. Great ingenuity is required, as this must be done under tight power and size constraints. A wide variety of cameras, 3D sensors, inertial sensors, light projectors, and other components will be at your disposal. You will use your expertise to conduct experiments, develop algorithms, and perform analysis to help design the best sensing systems for our products. This is a critical role that provides the underpinnings for many core product features, and greatly impacts our product design and performance.
- Perform trade-off study to choose appropriate algorithms based on deep understanding of embedded platform
- Prototype embedded algorithms for advanced computer vision, deep learning algorithms for pose estimation, 3D modeling, object recognition, and eye tracking that take advantage of novel sensor choices and configurations.
- Participate in strategic discussions around sensor architecture and prototype algorithms arising from creative combinations of sensors
- Mature prototype algorithms to product worthy features.
- Gather requirements and constraints from cross discipline teams, understand other proposed solutions, design and evaluate algorithms incorporating these nuances.
- Define metrics for algorithm performance, and design robust, partially automated experiments to obtain quantitative data against these metrics on an ongoing basis.
- Push the boundaries of accuracy, noise, and other performance indicators for a variety of sensing systems with best possible architectural and algorithmic design.
- Document, organize, and disseminate information about specifications, performance, alternate possibilities, and strategy.
- Capable during the entire development cycle: problem definition, research stages, algorithm design, implementation, and productization
- Proven fluency in C/C++ or assembly programming on embedded platform
- Strong experience with computer vision and deep learning algorithms and development
- Family with RTL, DSP, VHDL, Verilog
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- A working knowledge of statistics for data characterization and hypothesis testing
- Experience with electronic development and test equipment (debuggers, emulators, oscilloscopes, logic and spectrum analyzers, etc.)
- Experience with control systems a plus
- Relevant B.S degree + 5 years experience. M.S. or Ph.D is a plus
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Mendix, Boston, MA
Software Engineer - Android
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
R&D Engineering Technician
Formlabs, Somerville, MA
OpenX, OpenX - Poland
Senior Software Engineer, Platform
Brightwheel, San Francisco, California
IT Site Manager
The Trade Desk, SIngapore