Computer Vision Researcher/Engineer
Magic Leap, Inc., Zurich, Switzerland
See jobs at Magic Leap, Inc.
Magic Leap is a team of creatives and technologists developing a lightweight wearable that is leading to the new era of spatial computing which enables the digital world to seamlessly integrate into reality. Our office in Zurich, Switzerland is a center of excellence for Computer Vision and Deep Learning. We are looking for exceptional engineers, passionate about shaping the future of computing.
Qualified candidates will use their experience in Computer Vision with specialization in at least one of the following areas:
- SLAM / Collaborative SLAM / Visual-Inertial Pose Tracking: Design and implement advanced algorithms for estimating the 6 DOF pose of one or several head-mounted devices by optimally fusing visual and inertial measurements collected from multiple cameras and IMUs, building consistent large scale maps of the environment, and performing localization into previously created maps.
- 3D Reconstruction: Design and implement algorithms that use image and depth sensor data from the device to generate accurate point clouds and detailed meshes of the environment.
- Hand Tracking: Design and implement algorithms that compute a detailed representation of the user’s hands.
- Eye Tracking: Design and implement algorithms understand the user’s eye motion with the highest accuracy possible.
- Sensor Calibration: Design and implement algorithms for online and offline calibration of complex devices composed of several sensors, cameras, IMUs, depth sensors and imagers. Collaborate with other engineers on the design and deployment of a fully automatic robotics-aided calibration process targeted for factory production.
- Machine Learning / Deep Learning: Use collected image data in the smartest possible way in order to allow the device to understand the user and the environment better than with traditional algorithms.
- High Performance Embedded Computing: Combine your experience of embedded optimizations and image processing / Computer Vision in order to develop high-performance production software with state-of-the-art computer vision capabilities on our embedded platforms and achieve highest possible compute efficiency.
- 3+ years of significant experience in one of the areas above
- Fluent in C/C++ and Python (~3+ years of active experience)
- Experience with Computer Vision libraries (e.g. OpenCV, Ceres, g2o, gtsam, Sophus) is a plus
- Knowledge in software optimization, embedded programming, and parallel computing (e.g. SIMD, OpenCL, GPGPU, etc.) is a plus
- Deep Learning experience is a plus if it includes deep learning experience in geometric Computer Vision
- PhD or MSc in Computer Science or related areas of study
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Come join the Gemini team and help us build the future of money!