HW Prototype maker (Data Collection)
Magic Leap, Inc., Tel Aviv, Israel
See jobs at Magic Leap, Inc.
The Data Collection team is a multidisciplinary team responsible for the development, integration and operation of 3D ground truth systems. You will work with cutting-edge real-time HW components including motion capture systems, cameras, depth sensors, IMU and robotics. You will help build and operate a ground truth lab, make rapid prototypes and customized setups which include electronics, mechanics, and scripts for the purpose of collecting imaging and 3D data in a lab environment and in the field. You will work with multiple products of the company in different stages of development, and with various R&D teams.
- Support building and operating the lab - ensure we have the right tools and equipment to support the lab’s needs and rapid prototyping capabilities.
- Constantly improve the workflow by rapid prototyping, developing and implementing customized HW, SW and mechanical solutions
- Support integration of new systems and lab equipment.
- Operate lab equipment and perform experiments in the lab and in the field.
- Lab experience including running experiments and operating electronics and/or electro-optics lab equipment.
- A Maker - DIY enthusiast with hands on experience in projects involving electronics, embedded SW and mechanics. Former experience with Arduino / Raspberry pi etc. is an advantage.
- Scripting skills (Python / Matlab / C++ / other).
- Former experience in any of the following is an advantage: 3D printing, board design, embedded SW.
- Excellent problem solver with the ability to run tasks end to end with minimum supervision.
- Self motivated, reliable, organized and independent.
- BSc EE\ME\CS student with relevant experience, or experienced practical engineer
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Full Stack Developer
Hootsuite, Vancouver, BC
Business Intelligence Architect
Slack, San Francisco
Application Development Manager
Mozilla, Mountain View
AMARO, São Paulo, Brazil
Senior Software Engineer - Operational Efficiency
Rover.com , Seattle