Our Senior Sustaining Equipment Engineers take a demanding set of functions and turn them into the optics technology that makes the magic work. They monitor and control eyepieces fabrication and product performance. In addition, they will manage tool productivity, maintenance, and yields, conduct data analysis to improve processes, and manage quality measurement for their tool/process. Work closely with Quality engineers to improve product yield and to troubleshoot process flow from root causes to equipment tuning. Process/equipment engineers own and lead the stability, improvement, maintenance, and performance functions of the tools. They drive continuous improvement to tool/process to meets requirements of the manufacturing ramp.
In this role, you will work closely with Quality engineers to improve product yield and to troubleshoot process flow from root causes to equipment tuning. In addition, Process/Equipment Engineers own and lead the stability, improvement, maintenance, and performance functions of the tools. They drive continuous improvement to tool/process to meets requirements of the manufacturing ramp.
- Sustain processes for eyepiece fabrication
- Design, collect data, analyze and compile reports on a variety of process engineering experiments,
- Perform hardware characterization and define process window and process-hardware interaction
- Troubleshoot a variety of complex problems, perform Root Cause Analysis and resolve a variety of difficult process engineering issues
- Generate internal and external documentation for products, presentations and technical reports
- Interact with customers to resolve a variety of difficult process engineering issues/problems with limited supervision.
- Interact with development engineer to define new process and capabilities
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; recommends product and process improvements
- Develops strategy for project execution
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; requires innovative thinking.
- Drive defect reduction on tool set
- Drive output improvement on tool set
- Communicate eyepiece and equipment status to the manufacturing organization in real time.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and qualification of equipment following detailed SOP
- Monitor and respond to abnormal equipment signals
- Work with senior personnel and engineers to perform PM, troubleshooting and standard qualifications
- Correct and generate SOPs when required
- Train technicians as needed.
- 10+ years experience in cleanroom, optics, semiconductor materials and characterization.
- Expertise in analytical techniques
- Demonstrate experience with technical problem-solving skills with multitasking capabilities
- Demonstrate experience with statistical process control methodologies and engineering analysis tools
- Strong data analysis, troubleshooting, teamwork, and communication skills
- Aptitude and desire to learn new skills
- Six Sigma certification and/or use of LEAN improvement tools required
- Ability to thrive in a multi-culture environment
- BS, MS or Ph.D. degree in Engineering or other science related fields
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Member Success Representative (Expression of Interest)
Junior Publisher Operations Analyst
Yext, New York, NY
EHS (Safety) Manager
Freshly, Savage MD
Customer Success Engineer
Looker, Santa Cruz
Supply Chain Planner
Enterprise Customer Success Manager
Envoy, San Francisco