Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience.
We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
The Senior Sustaining Automation Engineer works closely with process engineering teams to implement automated manufacturing processes. We are looking for candidates who are creative, energetic team players who excel in a fast-paced, hands-on environment. Position would be expected to perform as an individual contributor driving manufacturing automation in a production setting.
- Design automation for a variety of products and assemblies using knowledge of electronic controls, pneumatic actuators, mechanical systems, and operator interfaces
- Develop new automation concepts/specifications or make improvements to existing products with input from a number of sources (i.e., optical, engineering, manufacturing etc.)
- Drive changes in the design to allow for automated processes
- Design, develop, and refine volume manufacturing processes and qualification plan
- Identify best in class equipment and specifying same
- Develop equipment acceptance tests and collaborate with vendors to modify equipment as needed
- Drive production ramp readiness with mechanical, electrical, optics, systems, and operation engineering teams
- Lead cross-functional teams for root cause activity/problem solving for opto-mechanical components/devices
- 8+ years of industry experience in consumer electronics, compact imaging systems or optical systems is preferred.
- Experience with Solid works (preferred), FMEA, tolerance analysis, and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GDT)
- Design experience with complete machine/system design
- Experience working in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Experience with the production ramp of a high volume product in factories in the US and Globally
- Ability to travel to other Magic Leap locations and vendors for up to 25% is required
- Must be confident in a highly dynamic and creative environment
- Versed in 6 sigma concepts such as DMAIC, Cp/Cpk, MSA, and PT
- Skill in data analysis and process qualification
- BS in Mechanical or Optical Engineering
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Common Networks, Santa Clara, CA
Global Operations Associate
Flexport, San Francisco
Optician (Part-Time), Palo Alto
Warby Parker, Palo Alto, CA
Vestiaire Collective, Hong Kong
Business Operations Manager
Common Networks, San Francisco, CA
Optician, LA Market
Warby Parker, Los Angeles, CA