Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience.
We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow
Responsible for conceptualizing, designing, fabricating, and delivering robust opto-mechanical systems. Ideal candidate can work across disciplines to understand system requirements and required resources to deliver on schedule. Ideal candidate can apply fundamental engineering principles in conjunction with rapid prototyping and testing to identify potential issues before delivering a final product. Ideal candidate must be willing to independently pursue new skills/knowledge as needed to complete projects.
- Collaborate across disciplines to define/refine system requirements and resource needs.
- Collaborate across disciplines to understand and sync external dependencies.
- Develop opto-mechanical concepts backed by fundamental engineering principles, calculations, simulations, tolerance analysis, etc.
- Focus on prototyping early and often to identify potential/future issues. Adept at creating short-term and long-term mitigation plans to address issues.
- Define necessary tests and verification plan to ensure system level performance during high-volume manufacturing.
- Manage logistics, schedules, BOMs, cost, and interfacing with suppliers to maintain component quality within schedule.
- Adept at problem solving, issue-resolution, and continued improvement of system.
- Drive system schedule in sync with critical high-level product goals defined by organization.
- Assist in all facets of the regulatory approvals process, including participating in component and system level design reviews.
- Design, execute and manage tests to collect statistically significant data to ensure technical specifications and product requirements are met.
- 4-6 years relevant experience
- Experience with 3D modeling (CREO preferred), tolerance analysis, print generation (GD&T knowledge a plus)
- Experience designing precision machined components.
- Experience with 3D-printed materials.
- Experience working in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Must be confident in a highly dynamic and creative environment.
- Must be willing and able to travel internationally (15-20%).
- Working knowledge of statistics for hypothesis testing and Gauge R&R studies.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”