Principal Engineer, R&D Optical Algorithm Calibration & Verification
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
See jobs at Magic Leap, Inc.
Principal Engineer, R&D Optical Algorithm Calibration & Verification, is a technically sound leader who will work either as a leader of or as Independent contributor with (depending on people management experience) a team of engineers that is responsible for designing, implementing and verifying calibration, system performance verification and computer vision camera algorithms/processes for a variety of hardware platforms composed of advanced display components and multiple sensors (cameras, IMUs etc ). The role will report into the Calibration Organization within Optical Engineering department.
- Lead a team of engineers to develop core calibration algorithms for advanced optical systems, primarily in Matlab/C++.
- Plan and conduct experiments to validate the novel calibration processes.
- Research on on-line calibration schemes to handle environmental perturbations like ambient temperature drift, mechanical shock, etc.
- Evaluate, analyze and optimize system end to end performance related to display and perception.
- Build tools and infrastructure for efficiency improvement and support both software and hardware product advancements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to optimize the calibration and system verification processes for factory production.
- Experience with Zemax, OpenCV or Matlab calibration toolbox.
- Familiar with typical camera/sensor calibration flow: intrinsics, extrinsics, image acquisition, processing, 3D projection, model fitting, etc.
- Have basic knowledge of geometry and diffractive optics, understands polarization control.
- Knowledge of 6 Sigma statistical tools, which help to identify and solve issues
- Good communication, interpersonal skills and teamwork discipline are also required.
- 8 year+ experience
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Ph.D. in Optics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or related technical field.
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.