Lead, Systems Architect - Compute
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL, Sunnyvale, CA, Culver City, CA, Austin, TX, and Remotely
See jobs at Magic Leap, Inc.
We are seeking an experienced lead systems architect with expertise in Compute architecture. The main focus of this role will be to define and develop new Compute architectures for our next generation products to meet the requirement of our lightfield, perception and software stacks. This person should be a self-starter with a knack for delivering efficient solutions that quickly solve the problem at hand. This is a position on the influential and intensely cross-functional Systems Engineering team. Systems is a diverse organization of hardware and software engineers. The team and this role touch every aspect of Magic Leap’s product. This role reports to the Director of Systems Engineering.
- Responsible for defining and driving the architecture of our Compute stack at the system level for our current and next gen products. Compute stack includes embedded CPU/GPU/CVP/Sensors serializer along with Edge and Cloud compute nodes.
- Define and own platform level Compute requirements from Product requirements.
- Ensure proposed Compute architectures meet needs of our Perception, Lightfield and Software stacks within power and thermal budgets.
- Develop and maintain tools to analyze and simulate compute performance of proposed architectures.
- Drive the system features and solutions to be architected and delivered for the program.
- Work cross functionally to identify and assess complex technical issues/risks, and develop architectural solutions to achieve Compute requirements.
- Work closely with HW/SW teams around Verification Test plan reviews, Timing targets, Emulation plans, Pre-Si bug resolution and Performance/Power Verification sign offs.
- Support HW/SW teams for silicon performance, power and functional issues debug/resolution.
- Industry leader with 10+ years of experience in Compute architecture.
- Must have shipped several products with complex Compute architectures.
- Outstanding foundation in Systems & SoC architecture, with expertise in one or more of the following: CPU, GPU, CVP, Memory sub-system, Fabrics, CPU/GPU coherency, Multimedia, I/O subsystems, Clocks...
- Thorough understanding of algorithmic needs and their impact on Compute architecture
- Expert in one or more programming languages, ideally C, C++ or Python.
- Experience with spatial computing is a plus.
- Self-directed, energetic, proactive, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be confident in a highly dynamic and creative environment.
- Comfortable with Agile.
- M.S in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering plus 10 or more years of progressive working experience or equivalent industry experience. PhD preferred.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
File hosting service