Lead Software Engineer, Unity SDK
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL (HQ); Austin, TX; Sunnyvale, CA; Toronto, ON
See jobs at Magic Leap, Inc.
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of people who share a magical vision of the future. And we’re growing.
Our mission is to harmonize people and technology to create a better, more unified world. Our vision is to amplify the best parts of you and to advance the human spirit.
The primary responsibility of the Senior/Lead Engineer in the SDK Unity development team is to help define and implement the Unity 3D interface for Magic Leap's SDK offering. Qualified candidates need to be a self-starter and able to operate in a highly dynamic environment.
- Design and architecture of the SDK Unity SDK offering.
- Work hand-in-hand with the key stakeholders and Unity team lead using the SDK, Unity 3D and associated tools.
- Write elegant, maintainable, reusable code, leveraging test driven principles to develop high quality applications
- Troubleshoot and resolve software defects and other technical issues
- Act as a mentor for Unity team developers.
- Review individual developer's code in the team to ensure highest code quality in the SDK Unity 3D team.
- 5 to 10+ years of extensive experience working on software products
- 5+ years extensive experience working with Unity 3D engine and have source code experience
- At least 3 years of full time C# programming experience
- Experience with native plugin development for Unity, including marshaling
- Full knowledge of C# language and .NET standards for C# code
- Basic understanding of software design patterns
- Experience with VR, AR, or MR/XR development
- Experience with performance optimization in Unity
- Experience with Git
- Experience working in engineering teams in an agile and dynamic environment
- Extensive experience working with developer tools like emulators, debuggers, profilers etc
- Strong functional and automated testing, test strategy and planning and development experience
- Experience with mobile software development a plus
- Experience building Game Engines is nice to have
- BA/BS. MS is preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.