Lead, Optical Engineer, Projector Design and Test
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL OR Boulder, CO
See jobs at Magic Leap, Inc.
Responsible for researching, planning, and designing electro-optical products and systems; Accomplishes and coordinates activities involved in design, fabrication, operation, application, testing, and production; Performs engineering work, Applies engineering principles developing, testing and modifying designs and testing and metrology of components and sub systems.
The Optical Engineer must have experience with lens, prism, and polarization components including LCoS panels, wave-plates, and polarizers. Design experience with polarization modeling, testing and test equipment. Also familiarity with projector brightness, contrast, light scattering, and color engineering. Designs, executes, and tests to collect statistically significant data to define technical specifications and product requirements. Candidate must be able to complete product sub-assemblies within a given project time frame. Supports projects as a hands-on contributor using technical and administrative skills to oversee and complete engineering projects. Experience with test and metrology needed to put display systems into production.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Design analysis for contrast, polarization state, uniformity, and light scattering. Analysis of high quality imaging systems is required. Design of experiment and testing of optical components. Working with vendors on specifications and test setups.
- Design - Translates concepts and information into detailed optical designs for polarization and contrast optimization. Tester design and development for polarization components in particular is desired.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Experience and Education:
- 7+ years’ experience in designing, modeling and testing of projection or display systems.
- BS in Optical, Electrical or Mechanical or related field required.
- MS in Engineering preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Come join the Gemini team and help us build the future of money!