Magic Leap is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to design precision-engineered production equipment. The Senior Engineer provides technical leadership to the entire organization, specifically within the mechanical engineering staff. Additionally, the Senior Engineer will work closely with Manufacturing to ensure success during the initial system builds. Qualified candidates excel in a fast-paced, hands-on environment and are familiar with the Product Life Cycle process.
- Gather and develop requirements for new equipment with stake-holders across all disciplines.
- Lead design of precision engineered equipment for a high throughput production environment
- Manage equipment specification documents and lead engineering design reviews
- Lead team in design improvements to address reliability/usability issues as reported by end-users
- Collaborate with Systems, Controls, and Process teams to bring up new systems and processes
- Collaborate with and lead team-mates and piers across disciplines to deliver new equipment.
- Assist with the hands-on build, troubleshooting, and fast prototyping activities
- Create product development schedules and manage own projects according to those schedules.
- 15+ years of experience and/or leadership of full system design experience
- Experience designing high precision semiconductor capital equipment a must
- Proven track record delivering novel and innovative solutions to seemingly insurmountable problems
- Proficient with CAD packages such as Pro/E, Solidworks
- Hands-on experience building and testing prototype systems in a team environment
- Experience creating error budgets, linear models, FEA
- Experience with factory automation/part handling
- Experience specifying OEM components for precision design, specifically linear stages, rotary motors, encoders, optical sensors, pneumatic components, vacuum components, I/O modules, and UV illumination
- Experience designing optomechanical systems and clean-room equipment a plus.
- B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical Engineering (M.S. preferred)
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price