In this role the ideal candidate will be responsible for development and implementation of robust calibration/ and verification processes for display, camera and novel sensors. The ideal candidate is a strong team player and will lead multi-disciplinary efforts across opto-mechanical, factory operations, program management, software, and systems to define system requirements for calibration and verification processes. The ideal candidate will leverage their background in software development, computer vision, and geometric optics to implement robust and scalable calibration algorithms that satisfy system requirements. The ideal candidate will leverage simulation / experimentation early on in the development process to identify and correct risks. As data becomes available and processes mature, the ideal candidate will lead data collection / analysis efforts and provide detailed and summary reports as needed to keep the engineering team updated on project status and risks. The ideal candidate must be willing to independently pursue new skills/knowledge as needed to complete projects including investigation of cutting-edge technologies.
- Harness background in algorithm development, computer vision, and geometric optics to develop and implement robust and scalable calibration/verification processes for cameras, displays, IMUs, and depth sensors
- Collaborate across multiple disciplines to implement calibration algorithms and define system requirements.
- Design of experiments (including collecting, analyzing, and interpretation of data). Focus on simulation/experimentation early and often to identify potential/future issues. Adept at creating mitigation plans to address issues.
- Drive schedule for calibration/verification processes in sync with critical high-level product goals defined by organization.
- Effectively communicate potential issues (reinforced by data) with lead-time to correct.
- Ideal candidate will be eager to share knowledge through documentation (best practices, lessons learned, etc.) and presentations.
- 2-3 years related experience.
- Experience with camera/imaging systems and general optics is required.
- Demonstrated development experience with MATLAB, Python, C#, and/or C++ is required.
- Experience with data analysis, statistics and graphing (such as JMP or Pandas/PyPlot) is required
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills are required.
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills and good organizational skills.
- Must be confident in a highly dynamic and creative environment.
- Experience with opto-mechanics and automation, including precision alignment and fast prototyping of complex optical systems, is highly preferred.
- Experience with source control and team-based software development workflows is highly preferred
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid