Lead, Product Researcher, Voice of the Customer
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL OR Culver City OR Remote
See jobs at Magic Leap, Inc.
The Voice of the Customer (VoC) team will be responsible in ensuring that the needs and desires of our customers and partners are represented across the whole Magic Leap organization. The VOC team is responsible for conducting customer research and generating customer insights. It is a crucial function that will work closely with the business, product, design and engineering teams to drive customer-centric decisions and ensure there is a clear feedback loop.
The Product Researcher will be responsible for leading customer and partner research efforts, analyzing qualitative and quantitative customer data to provide strategic business insights. The ideal candidate should be an experienced and organized individual who is passionate about ensuring that the organization will make customer-centric decisions across business, product and engineering. This role will work in an exciting environment to help elevate a voice of customer function for the business, including the creation of streamlined processes and procedures that build new capabilities.
- Lead and coordinate research sprints by planning, recruiting participants, surveilling research vendors, moderating interviews and synthesizing key insights & opportunities
- Advocate for key enterprise & developer (e.g., Independent Service Providers) stakeholders by creating VOC guiding principles, and facilitate workshops that bring the team together to align around customer-centric imperatives
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary VOC team to cross-pollinate stakeholder needs with industry paradigms, curated trends, secondary research and insightful exemplars that inspire the art of the possible
- Bring insights, patterns and observations to life through effective storytelling and visuals
- Disseminate clear customer-centric guiding principles in service to key business, design, product and engineering stakeholders across the business.
- 5+ years in a consumer insights, UX research or design strategy role, with particular experience in uncovering b2b stakeholder needs
- Strong track record leading the application of human-centered design approaches, facilitating them across multidisciplinary stakeholders
- Experience balancing qualitative and quantitative research methods, synthesizing key insights and driving conceptual ideation against them
- Excellent verbal, written and visual design communications skills, including meeting facilitation and delivering high-stakes presentations
- Knowledge/ Experience or b2b hardware tech business experience
- Knowledge of the AR/VR/MR competitive landscape
- Background in market research, anthropology, psychology or another relevant field
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University in a related field
- Master’s Degree preferred
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one