Junior, DevOps Engineer, AR/VR
Magic Leap, Inc., US Remote or Plantation FL
See jobs at Magic Leap, Inc.
Junior, DevOps Engineer
Junior DevOps Engineering, Corporate DevOps Team
Location: Anywhere in the US, (remote)
About the Company:
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, games and user experience.
We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
About the Job:
This is a hands-on DevOps role supporting mission-critical services, systems and infrastructure for the core systems that create Magic Leap devices
In this position, you will be a part of an experienced team of Devops Engineers architecting, deploying, provisioning, and supporting Magic Leap’s ecosystems in a hybrid environment consisting of cloud and on-premises systems. You will participate in choosing and deploying open-source and proprietary tools and technologies to build and support high availability systems with an emphasis on continuous integration and continuous deployment.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of architecting, designing, and supporting highly available Google or Amazon Cloud Services using the latest technologies including Terraform and/or Kubernetes. The candidate will also show strong ability to stay calm and lead restoration when services are down.
- Participate in the architecture and design; drive collaboration within the team for industry standard deployments of highly available systems.
- Participate in the deployment and maintenance of high availability solutions in both multi-cloud environments and multiple locations with physical assets, with an emphasis on Google Cloud Platform. Apply IaaS and IaC concepts.
- Collect, analyze requirements from the software organization for new build machines and systems.
- Respond to Production and service escalations. Conduct incident and root-cause analysis with calm and an eye towards service improvement.
- Contribute in the tools used for software development: CI/CD pipelines, automated version control systems, software artifacts management tools, etc.
- Support the planning and coordination of systems upgrades, cutovers and infrastructure migrations and support software releases from DevOps standpoint.
- Ability to embrace new challenges and to rapidly catch up with new technologies.
- Knowledge on deploying, scaling and administering mission-critical services in the multi-cloud environment (GCP/AWS) and on premises.
- Knowledge on deploying, configuring, managing and automating CI/CD pipelines.
- Knowledge installing, configuring and administering VCS systems: (e.g., Gitlab, Github, Gerrit )
- Experience with Linux environments.
- Knowledge in configuration management automation: Ansible, Chef and etc.
- work with container runtimes (Docker, containerd, etc.)
- knowledge working with container-orchestration systems (Kubernetes, ECS, etc.)
- Familiar with cutting edge “infrastructure as code” tools: Terraform, Vagrant, etc.
- Knowledge of multi-tier applications architecture (e.g. Proxy layer, Application layer, Data layer: MySQL, PostgreSQL and etc.)
- knowledge of infrastructure monitoring tools: Prometheus, Zabbix, etc.
- Working experience with at least one scripting language (e.g.: Python, Bash/Shell or Groovy.)
- Ability to quickly respond to production outages, triage complex architectures by following standard operating procedures and escalation workflows.
- Excel in a fast-paced, agile environment supporting multiple projects using a wide variety of cutting edge technologies.
- Firm grasp of the Agile SDLC methodology and practices.
- Excellent cross-group collaboration, outstanding verbal and written communication.
- BA/BS, MS preferred, in Computer Science, computer engineering or relevant field.
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Help the world share their story