As a Developer Solutions Engineer, you are the front-line engineer ensuring a wide range of creators are successful when making experiences for Magic Leap. This role is a hybrid position consisting of engineering and developer relations. Day-to-day, you work directly with external partners to advise on best practices, improve content development workflows, and investigate technical issues. Engaging with internal engineering and design teams is a must. This is a unique opportunity to understand mixed-reality content development at every layer.
- Provide direct technical support to developers building experiences for Magic Leap, delivering the highest level of developer satisfaction
- Work closely with software, hardware, graphics and tools engineers to deliver appropriate technical solutions
- Overcome developer challenges by crafting better samples, tutorials, and guides
- Engage with our operations and engineering teams to build, drive and improve our tools and processes
- Prototype Mixed Reality experiences to close developers’ learning gaps
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Strong experience writing code using C++
- Professional experience working with OpenGL and/or Vulkan
- In-depth knowledge of Unreal Engine 4
- Familiarity with Lumin SDK and Lumin developer tools
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Able to communicate complex technical issues via email and in person
- Great interpersonal skills
Nice to Have
- Previous support or education experience
- Experience with game engines and 3D technology
- 2+ years of experience in real-time graphics or games industry
- Experience with version control & continuous integration tools: Git, Gerrit, Perforce
- Experience in developer tools like emulators, debuggers, profilers, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
- Please apply with your resume and cover letter below.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer
The Trade Desk, San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer (Pivotal Labs Consulting)
Pivotal Software, Washington DC
Principal Software Engineer, Full Stack
Endurance International Group, Waltham, MA
Production Engineering - Database Engineer - Datastores
Shopify, Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote UTC -3 to UTC -7 time
Associate Producer (Contract)
PlayStation, Santa Monica Studio
Manager, Software Engineering
metromile, SF Folsom