As a Developer Solutions Engineer, you are the front-line engineer ensuring a wide range of creators are successful when making experiences for Magic Leap. This role is a hybrid position consisting of engineering and developer relations. Day-to-day, you work directly with external partners to advise on best practices, improve content development workflows, and investigate technical issues. Engaging with internal engineering and design teams is a must. This is a unique opportunity to understand mixed-reality content development at every layer.
- Provide direct technical support to developers building experiences for Magic Leap, delivering the highest level of developer satisfaction
- Work closely with software, hardware, graphics and tools engineers to deliver appropriate technical solutions
- Overcome developer challenges by crafting better samples, tutorials, and guides
- Engage with our operations and engineering teams to build, drive and improve our tools and processes
- Prototype Mixed Reality experiences to close developers’ learning gaps
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Strong experience writing code using C++
- Professional experience working with OpenGL and/or Vulkan
- In-depth knowledge of Unreal Engine 4
- Familiarity with Lumin SDK and Lumin developer tools
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Able to communicate complex technical issues via email and in person
- Great interpersonal skills
Nice to Have
- Previous support or education experience
- Experience with game engines and 3D technology
- 2+ years of experience in real-time graphics or games industry
- Experience with version control & continuous integration tools: Git, Gerrit, Perforce
- Experience in developer tools like emulators, debuggers, profilers, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
- Please apply with your resume and cover letter below.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Staff Performance Engineer (REF17112N) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Back End Developer
AfterShip, China - Shenzhen
Sr. Director VIP PD - VisaNet Integrated Payments Product Development
Visa, Highlands Ranch CO, US
Red Team Specialist
Honey, Downtown Los Angeles
Lead Systems Architect (REF17924Z) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
Visa, Austin TX, US