Lead, Software Engineer, DevOps
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL(HQ); Sunnyvale, CA; Remote (US)
See jobs at Magic Leap, Inc.
This is a hands-on Software Development Lead role in DevOps, reporting through the software organization to support our Jenkins CI ecosystem that builds Lumin OS and Lumin SDK.
The ideal candidate will have experience architecting, designing, and supporting highly available Google or Amazon Cloud services using the latest technologies including Terraform and/or Kubernetes. The candidate will also have strong skills developing and maintaining codebases in Python, Java and/or Groovy.
- Modernize Jenkins CI architecture - move existing on-prem installation to cost-optimized cloud deployment.
- Maintain, migrate, and plan new features for the Jenkins CI server used by the Platform OS and SDK teams.
- Add new features to existing custom Groovy/Java-based imager and autoscaler.
- Provide technical leadership and direction for a team of devops engineers.
- Collect, analyze requirements from the software organization for new build machines and systems.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest devops technologies and how they can be used/deployed within the software organization. Collaborate with Technology Solutions team to implement and ensure highly available systems for software organization developers.
- Respond to Production and service escalations. Lead incident and root-cause analysis with calm and an eye towards service improvement.
- Provide expertise in tools used for software development: CI/CD pipelines, automated version control systems, software artifacts management tools, etc.
- Plan and coordinate Jenkins system upgrades, cutovers and migrations. Support software releases from DevOps standpoint.
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in DevOps roles (mid-to-large-scale environments)
- 2+ years software development experience including hands-on coding
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to collaborate and drive solutions within a team.
- Strong bias towards infrastructure-as-code deployments.
- Ability to root cause and lead service restoration efforts with composure.
- Experience deploying, scaling and administering mission-critical services in the multi-cloud environment (GCP/AWS) and on premises.
- Experience deploying, configuring, managing and automating CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins/Concourse and others
- Extremely comfortable with Linux-like environments and CLI. Comfortable with administering Windows
- Expertise in configuration management automation: Ansible, Chef, etc.
- Ability to calmly and quickly respond to production outages under pressure, triage complex architectures by following standard operating procedures and escalation workflows. On-call support for operational issues.
- Familiar with cutting edge virtualization tools: Docker, Vagrant, Terraform, GKE
- Experience deploying, configuring and administering multi-tier applications (Proxy layer, Application layer, Data layer: MySQL, PostgreSQL and etc.)
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring tools: Zabbix, Datadog and others
- Expertise with the scripting languages: Yaml, Python, Bash and Groovy
- Excel in a fast-paced, agile environment supporting multiple projects using a wide variety of cutting edge technologies
- Firm grasp of the Agile SDLC methodology and practices
- BA/BS, MS preferred, in Computer Science or relevant field, considerable weight will be given to hands-on experience and prior accomplishments
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.