Senior Supplier Quality Engineer - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
See jobs at Magic Leap, Inc.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading and executing supplier quality program (supplier development & supplier quality assurance) for mechanical parts across Magic Leap products. In this highly hands-on role, you will enjoy key decision making combined with the on-site hands-on problem solving that comes with owning the quality for one of the most innovative product designs in the world today in a cosmetically demanding environment. Strong technical leadership, project management, and organizational skills are essential to succeed in this role.
- Apply solid understanding of quality control and manufacturing concepts to help qualify specific mechanical commodities.
- Coordinate with Quality and Development Engineering functions for mechanical commodities and suppliers.
- Understand and evaluate audit procedures appropriate to program and supplier to ensure adherence to high quality standards.
- Understand, evaluate and implement FAI, PPAP, and Cp/Cpk reviews of mechanical parts.
- Assure supplier understanding and compliance of Advance Product Qualify Process, PPAP submission, material certification and qualification process.
- Work with commodity sourcing managers, reliability engineers, and supplier’s quality engineers to ensure part quality & reliability.
- Quickly identify root cause and corrective actions for mechanical commodities.
- Interface with internal and external groups to ensure the proper definition of quality expectations and the appropriate assurance techniques are used for mechanical commodities.
- Assess measurability and creatively to address concerns directly with stakeholders. Identify and direct studies to implement improvements in measuring method where appropriate.
- Assess supplier production control and quality programs, identify shortfalls to expectation, and directly secure agreement to correct.
- Evaluate adherence to part quality process at all development and qualification stages.
- Experience and understanding of supplier's performance through measurement of production line statistics, inspections, and audits.
- Prepare summary of performance and communicate to manager to ensure effective corrective action plans can be promptly executed.
- Managing cross-functionally with development, sourcing, purchasing, NPI and quality teams to resolve quality escalations.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering. MS preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience working in consumer electronics. International experience, particularly in Asia is required.
- Experience developing process quality plans, supplier quality audits, and driving corrective actions and failure analysis efforts.
- Experience with mechanical enclosures, metal stamping, die cut, castings, plastic parts, carbon fiber, injection and compression molding in high volume quality manufacturing engineering for consumer electronics product.
- Proficient in print reading and interpretation, part measurement, gage design and function.
- Demonstrated knowledge of geometric design and tolerancing (GD&T).
- Familiar with mechanical metrology system qualification process, such as GRR, Correlation, Stability and Reliability.
- Demonstrated ability to investigate quality problems and to apply sound technical judgment to develop potential solutions.
- Project management experience and a solid understanding of problem solving tools including design of experiments, root cause analysis and statistical process control principles required.
- Experienced in managing product and process non-conformance: MRB, CAR, 8D and RMAs, failure analysis and reporting.
- Application of PFMEA (Failure Modes and Effects Analysis) and DOE (Design of Experiments)
- Experience in developing new suppliers and managing multiple sources.
- Dynamic and “can do” attitude with the desire to work with a great team and product in a fast pace environment.
- Excellent writing, presentation and interpersonal skills are required.
- Definite plus:
- Experience in optical inspection/metrology, laser triangulation, and defect detection.
- Experience with digital imaging, camera system, and image processing.
- Experience with 2D/3D triangulation laser system and CCD inspection system such as Keyence, Cognex and/or Visco.
- Experience in identifying electrical mechanical root cause and corrective actions.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.