The Machinist is responsible for prototype fabrication to support product development. This includes working to bring a product from idea/concept through design, prototyping, development, testing, design verification and validation, manufacturing, and product introduction. This individual will also be responsible for maintenance of the machines including calibration, regularly scheduled maintenance, and routine servicing. Additionally, this individual is responsible for maintaining a clean working environment throughout the prototype shop.
Use CNC and manual equipment including mills, lathes, and EDM for fabricating models prototypes, test parts, and low volume production of instruments.
Participate and provide input in design meetings and ‘brainstorming’ sessions.
Perform routine maintenance and servicing of machines to ensure smooth, trouble free operation. Maintain clean work environment by regular cleaning and upkeep.
Assist in process / tooling development for manufacturing.
Represent the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of company.
- 5 years of experience in Machinist/Tool & Die making or model making.
- Ability to proficiently use CNC and manual mills, lathes, and EDM machines.
- Mastercam or related CAM experience preferred.
- High school diploma required.
- Strong self-starter who can work with little or no supervision.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment. Multi-tasking abilities required for successful job completion.
- Well organized, detail oriented, and team player capable of working in a deadline dictated environment.
- Requires physical ability to work with shop machinery.
- Study and interpret drawings, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and setup.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.