Principal Platform Performance Architect
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL (HQ), Sunnyvale, CA, Toronto, ON, Tel Aviv, Israel, Zurich, Switzerland, Culver City, CA
See jobs at Magic Leap, Inc.
Seeking candidates with extensive experience in embedded software on Linux or Android. Engineer that will lead performance and be responsible for analysis, design and software development to reach required Performance targets. Candidate must be able demonstrate extraordinary skills in attention to system Performance development: understanding complex software systems, design maintainable and scalable software, performance features, lead of investigation and fixing bottlenecks with focus on graphics. Seeking strong communication skills and the ability to work in an environment with interdisciplinary teams.
- Provide technical leadership to software engineering teams focusing on graphics performance.
- Lead technology selection, architecture and planning activities for Performance, Power and Reliability of product design for all layers.
- Work with customers and suppliers to develop and integrate innovative solutions for product graphics stack.
- Investigate next generation technologies for applicability to solve current and future technical challenge.
- Follow industry trends and developments to rapidly absorb new knowledge bases and incorporate them into new and existing architectures
- Experience in establishing performance processes: from early system requirements to product KPIs, design, coding, testing, validation
- Experience in hardware analysis and its impact to KPIs
- Experience in performance oriented system architecture design
- Experience in practical performance:
- performance test setup according to KPIs
- data statistical evaluation and testing stabilization
- problems diagnosing, bottleneck localization and analysis
- producing patches which solves findings
- Extensive experience with system analysis for embedded systems for latency, system interconnect, throughput and bandwidth problems
- GPU profiling and analysis with focusing on OpenGL/Vulkan problems.
- Extensive software development experience with C/C++, Linux software development environment; experience with Linux Inter-process Communication(IPC) & Multi-threading programming
- Ability to establish test cycle: explain for testers essential parts of testing for performance/latency, timings and data collection principles
- Excellent communication, training and documentation skills
Experience in below areas are a plus:
- Development experience for Linux/Android Vulkan graphics drivers
- Development experience for Linux kernel, and device drivers
- Memory profiling and analysis using valgrind, smem; of memory layout (heap, stack, bss/data, text) and in general how VMM works in Linux
- Resources and power management for embedded system
- ELF format organization, ARM EABI, stack organization and how use it in practice will be great plus
- Performance tools development
- Master degree in Computer Science
- Your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Machine Learning Scientist
TradeRev, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Scoop, San Francisco, California
Data Platform Engineer
White Ops, London
Internship Operations Business Intelligence (BI)
Senior Footwear Designer, Innovation
Brooks Running, US, Washington, Seattle, Corporate