Lead Software Engineer, Computer Vision
Magic Leap, Inc., Zurich, Switzerland
See jobs at Magic Leap, Inc.
Magic Leap’s mission is to harmonize people and technology to create a better, more unified world. Magic Leap is a team of creatives and technologists building a lightweight, wearable that is capable of changing the way we experience the world around us. Magic Leap’s office in Zurich, Switzerland is a center of excellence for Computer Vision and Deep Learning. We are looking to gather pioneers across the globe to build a totally new kind of computer.
Do you want to play a key role in developing software that could change the way people interact with technology? Are you a self-starter who likes to take initiative and see your vision become reality?
The Computer Vision team is looking for a strong leader with exceptional technical skills, acting as team player passionate about shaping the future of computing. The Lead Software Engineer should be not only a code-magician, but a role model in the team; someone who creates clarity from ambiguity and supports others on the way.
- Lead architecture, design, and development efforts within a team of computer vision engineers / researchers in the field real-time pose estimation and various world perception topics
- Guide the way by inspiring solutions and concepts that have significant impact on the product quality and align with stakeholders throughout the Computer Vision teams
- Write elegant, maintainable, reusable code, leveraging data and test driven principles to develop core functionality throughout the full development cycle from the applied research phase until productization
- Review developer's code to ensure highest code quality; troubleshoot and resolve software defects & other technical issues
- Act as a mentor and subject matter expert within the team
- 5+ years of industry experience in real-time Computer Vision algorithms in a production environment
- Experienced in at least one of the following topics or related: Visual SLAM, Visual Inertial Odometry, 3D reconstruction, Structure from Motion (SfM), scene understanding, object tracking
- Experience with Deep Learning is a strong plus
- 7+ years coding & debugging of C++ (and C) including embedded environments
- Proven ability and experience to use data to draw the right conclusions
- Strong experience in functional and automated testing, planning and development
- Experience leading engineers from concept to ship in agile environment is a plus
- Knowledge of parallel computing (SIMD, OpenCL, GPGPU, etc.) is a plus
- Experience with VR, AR technologies is a plus
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science / Computer Vision / Robotics or related is preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Red Ventures, Charlotte, NC
BlueVine, Redwood City, CA
Part-Time Data Analytics Instructor
General Assembly, Riyadh
Senior Angular Application Developer
Catapult Systems, Dallas, Texas
Form Analyst (Singapore)
Entrepreneur First Team, Singapore
Data Science Manager
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles/New York