Lead Software Engineer, Computer Vision
Magic Leap, Inc., Zurich, Switzerland; Lausanne, Switzerland
See jobs at Magic Leap, Inc.
Magic Leap’s mission is to harmonize people and technology to create a better, more unified world. Magic Leap is a team of creatives and technologists building a lightweight, wearable that is capable of changing the way we experience the world around us. Magic Leap’s office in Zurich, Switzerland is a center of excellence for Computer Vision and Deep Learning. We are looking to gather pioneers across the globe to build a totally new kind of computer.
Do you want to play a key role in developing software that could change the way people interact with technology? Are you a self-starter who likes to take initiative and see your vision become reality?
The Computer Vision team is looking for a strong leader with exceptional technical skills, acting as team player passionate about shaping the future of computing. The Lead Software Engineer should be not only a code-magician, but a role model in the team; someone who creates clarity from ambiguity and supports others on the way.
- Lead architecture, design, and development efforts within a team of computer vision engineers / researchers in the field real-time pose estimation and various world perception topics
- Guide the way by inspiring solutions and concepts that have significant impact on the product quality and align with stakeholders throughout the Computer Vision teams
- Write elegant, maintainable, reusable code, leveraging data and test driven principles to develop core functionality throughout the full development cycle from the applied research phase until productization
- Review developer's code to ensure highest code quality; troubleshoot and resolve software defects & other technical issues
- Act as a mentor and subject matter expert within the team
- 5+ years of industry experience in real-time Computer Vision algorithms in a production environment
- Experienced in at least one of the following topics or related: Visual SLAM, Visual Inertial Odometry, 3D reconstruction, Structure from Motion (SfM), scene understanding, object tracking
- Experience with Deep Learning is a strong plus
- 7+ years coding & debugging of C++ (and C) including embedded environments
- Proven ability and experience to use data to draw the right conclusions
- Strong experience in functional and automated testing, planning and development
- Experience leading engineers from concept to ship in agile environment is a plus
- Knowledge of parallel computing (SIMD, OpenCL, GPGPU, etc.) is a plus
- Experience with VR, AR technologies is a plus
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science / Computer Vision / Robotics or related is preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Internal Applications R&D Team Leader
BlueVine, Tel-Aviv, Israel
Domain Expert, Copyeditor
Dataminr, Dublin, Ireland
Lead Prototyping Engineer - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Senior Researcher - Search, Learning and Intelligence
Slack, New York
Qualitative Researcher - Behavioral Science (Bilingual)
Clover Health, Jersey City, NJ