Senior, Software Engineer, Simulation Framework
Magic Leap, Inc., Austin, TX; Sunnyvale, CA; Plantation, FL
See jobs at Magic Leap, Inc.
The SDK & Developer Tools team is looking for a talented individual contributor to aid the ongoing development of the Simulation framework. The framework, known as Zero Iteration, allows for development of apps on the host PC without having to deploy on device, significantly reducing overall iteration time. All sensor data is collected from the device, when available, or simulated in its absence. Rendered frames and audio are streamed to the device, or to a 3D virtual environment.
- Contribute to the implementation of new APIs for usage on the host PC. These include core Magic Leap APIs (core perception, marker tracking, anchors to name a few), those specific to the framework itself, and upcoming implementation of OpenXR APIs
- Contribute to the ongoing development of our in-house Simulator that serves as the backend for all sensor and world reconstruction data
- Contribute to the ongoing integration of the framework, as a native plugin, into the Unity(R) game engine
- Contribute to the ongoing efforts to improve messaging-based latency between several components of the framework
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the underlying cross-platform graphics infrastructure (OpenGL, Vulkan, and Metal) that supports the framework.
- Engage in profiling and identifying bottlenecks affecting overall system performance. Work systematically towards resolving those
- Engage in writing high quality technical documents, proposing new architecture, highlighting issues and appropriate solutions
- Engage in regular code reviews, providing and receiving feedback on changes to software
- Engage in resolving bugs and technical issues on a regular basis
- 5+ years of experience as a developer working on software products in an agile and dynamic environment
- Highly proficient in C++ programming; exposure to C++11 and higher preferred
- Exposure to Java or willingness to learn
- Experience with debugging/ profiling/ optimizing applications
- Experience with version control; git preferred
- Experience with at least one graphics programming API (OpenGL, Vulkan, Metal)
- Experience working with Game engines
- Experience using OpenXR APIs
- Experience using Python
- Experience using video codecs for streaming
- BA/ BS or equivalent working experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.