Senior Software Engineer, Performance - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA, Toronto, ON, Zurich, Switzerland, Plantation, FL (HQ), Culver City, CA, Tel Aviv, Israel
See jobs at Magic Leap, Inc.
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
The Senior Software Engineer, Performance - Contractor will independently perform all aspects of performance testing. Seeking candidates with extensive experience in embedded software on Linux or Android. Engineer that will be responsible for analysis to reach required Performance targets. Candidate must be able demonstrate extraordinary skills in attention to system Performance development: understanding complex software systems, providing performance problems analysis, lead of investigation and fixing bottlenecks. Seeking strong communication skills and the ability to work in an environment with interdisciplinary teams.
- Responsible for providing expertise and technical leadership in performance engineering and tuning for large-scale software systems so they achieve system performance SLA objectives.
- Develop, test, maintain and debug software components for existing or new products.
- Responsible for profile and triage performance and scalability problems through the web, application, database and infrastructure stacks.
- Evaluates new technology stacks against current tool set, implementing appropriate changes as necessary.
- Works closely with product development personnel to attain the highest level of system performance by identifying potential performance bottlenecks and mitigation strategies for improvement.
- Assisting the completion of external and internal audit requests.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
- 8+ years’ experience preferably in software performance engineering and testing experience
- Experience in performance analysis processes: from understanding product KPIs to setup testing, validation and finding issues
Experience in practical performance:
- performance analysis and bottleneck discovery
- intermittent and rare problems automation for data collection
- nearby performance issues analysis e.g. when lack of performance causes malfunctioning
- producing patches which solves findings
- Graphics problems analysis, preferable on Vulkan or OpenGL/OpenES
- Skills in using Linux/Android OSS performance tools
- System analysis for embedded Linux
- Extensive software development experience with C/C++ for Linux or AOSP, ideally with public commits
- Excellent communication, training and documentation skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead large and/or complex projects
Experience in below areas are a plus:
- Development experience for Linux kernel, and device drivers
- Memory profiling and analysis using valgrind, smem; of memory layout (heap, stack, bss/data, text) and in general how VMM works in Linux
- Resources and power management for embedded Linux/Android
- Performance tools development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent work experience
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Business Systems Analyst - Workday Integrations
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Senior Data Scientist/ Data Scientist (Artificial Intelligence)
The Trade Desk, London, UK
Database Kernel Software Engineer
Pivotal Software, Beijing
Mobile Software Developer / IOS
First Orion Corp., Homebased - Fayetteville, Arkansas Area
Principal Software Engineer, Data
RetailMeNot, Austin, Texas