The Quality Systems Manager will develop and sustain the Quality Management System in line with the required industry standards to include ISO 9001 accreditation requirements and the business requirements across the organization through existing and new procedures. Regulate, control and improve the quality of all processes throughout the business and the final product. Manage the audit program to ensure that all nonconformities raised are effectively corrected and independently verified. Embed a culture of continuous improvement throughout the company. Lead the team to achieve quality management system targets for customers and business goals.
The Quality Systems Manager is responsible for developing the QMS strategy, policies, processes, standards and systems for Magic Leap and its supply chain. This may include auditing to ensure compliance.
Expected to provide input into the department budget when appropriate and is responsible for ensuring changes are properly documented and implemented.
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practices, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance
- Develop the Quality Management Systems strategy and key milestones, demonstrating solid progress against plan
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on Quality Management Systems (QMS)
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing Quality System team that meets agreed objectives and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements
- Motivate and inspire a quality compliance culture across the organization
- Build effective and sustainable cross functional relationships
- Drive an environment of teamwork and open communication
- Ability to maintain a focused, target driven can-do attitude
- Track and report project metrics.
- Regularly meet with internal staff regarding quality system suitability and effectiveness.
- Direct involvement in day to day QMS operations
- Facilitate/Lead third party system inspections/audits and implement corrective/preventive action as needed
- Facilitate/Lead management review meetings
- With Human Resources, ensure comprehensive Quality System training provided to all employees.
- Train others in all aspects of the quality system and application of procedures
- 5+ years of leadership experience directly related to Quality System Management. A strong understanding of industry standard requirements.
- Strong working knowledge of quality system requirements for both consumer products (eg, ISO 9001) as well as medical devices (eg, Part 820, ISO 13485, ISO 14971, MDD, CMDR).
- Strong experience in building and implementing QMS for new companies
- A working knowledge of quality improvement tools and techniques.
- Proficiency with MS and Google software applications.
- Demonstrated ability to write technical documents.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, analytical and complex problem solving skills.
- Produce written reports and make presentations to Senior Leadership Team
- The ability to develop partnerships and influence.
- Ability to work independently and has strong team building skills.
- An understanding of the principles of proper configuration management and document control.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 7+ years of experience in working with quality management systems.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.