Senior, Software Engineer, Embedded (Connectivity)
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL; Austin, TX; Sunnyvale, CA
See jobs at Magic Leap, Inc.
Magic Leap is seeking a Senior Embedded SW Engineer with experience in connectivity with a focus on Wi-Fi. Provide your expertise to help us design, optimize, and develop a system capable of supporting the most optimal user experience. If you are the successful candidate, you will get to work on a system that requires strict timing tolerances under heavy loads. You will get to make tough technical decisions that help shape the direction of our product. As the ideal candidate, you will have a significant track record of working on Wi-Fi and understand the protocols and latest standards to enable you to make informed decisions to create a stable and viable product.
- Collaborate with hardware on board bring up as it relates to Wi-Fi chipset integration and configuration; and use industry standard test equipment to validate functionality.
- Analyze new requirements and provide estimates and feasibility reports for implementation/integration of features.
- Debug issues on a daily basis in a timely manner which may include use of JTAG debuggers, logic analyzers, etc.
- As part of team that delivers Platform SW to rest of Magic Leap SW team, you will be actively involved in writing software at the driver and service layer.
- Assist factory with debugging HW-SW issues related to HW bring up; in order to build Magic Leap hardware with quality and deliver units on time to other teams.
- Collaborate with other teams: HW, application SW to debug cross-functional issues such as memory corruption, timing and performance issues.
- Work with product to help guide and define connectivity features for future ML releases.
- 8+ years’ experience in embedded software development
- Fluent in C and C++ development
- Experience in Linux and other micro kernels, with sensitivity to performance, memory utilization, security and extensible architectures
- Experience with commonly-used mobile operating systems (i.e. Android or iOS)
- Experience with using JTAG debuggers, logic analyzers and other debuggers
- Experience in designing and implementing asynchronous or concurrent multithreaded systems
- Must have a solid foundation in wireless communications theory and understand Wi-Fi and network protocols and wireless network monitoring tools.
- Must be a good communicator and self-motivated to complete projects, and enjoy hw-sw debugging.
- 2-4 years’ experience with real-time and time-critical systems
- Experience with Wi-Fi solutions from one or more major Wi-Fi chipset vendors.
- Good understanding of Android frameworks including the general Application framework and native framework
- Ability to work directly with hardware team for device bring up and debugging
- Experience with certification labs and certification is a plus.
- BA/BS is required
- MS or higher is preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.