Principal, Software Development Engineer, Unity
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL; Sunnyvale, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Austin, TX; Remote
See jobs at Magic Leap, Inc.
Magic Leap, Inc. is seeking a Principal Software Engineer (Unity) to help our Solutions Design team deliver a world-class suite of collaboration applications for the Magic Leap platform. We need a strong technical leader with both breadth and depth of technical skills and a passion for 3D interaction. You must have experience shipping Unity-based 3D graphics applications with polished user experiences. You will have the opportunity to work with the user experience team, architecture, systems engineers, and applications developers. The qualified candidate needs to be a self-starter and able to operate in a highly dynamic environment.
- Guide a team of developers in creating features for a Unity application.
- Build, debug, and deploy mixed reality frameworks, tools, applications
- Track & report on project status, plan architecture, and present product vision to others
- Be a subject matter expert and thought leader in 3D tools and improving alignment with product vision & team
- Team player who can collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Contribute to team success through code and architectural reviews, as well as cross-departmental presentations
- Unit-test code for robustness and reliability
- 10+ years experience developing mobile software apps
- 3+ years experience developing Unity based products
- Experience programming applications using Android NDK
- Very strong programming skills - extensive experience with C# and C++ required
- Experience leveraging cloud systems in Unity integrations or multiplayer game experience
- Desire to grow expertise in modern Unity3D/C#, networking and 3D User Experiences
- Ability to learn fast and deliver quickly
- Relentless desire to improve and overcome challenges
- Experience working with third-party libraries, frameworks, and APIs
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a fast-paced small team environment
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Basic understanding of 3D Math and 3D Graphics - and a desire to become an expert
Nice to have
- Experience with XR: Augmented Reality, Mixed Reality, Virtual Reality
- Experience with OpenGL, Vulkan or other 3D graphics libraries
- Experience with rapid development and collaboration using wiki, chat, and Jira
- Familiarity with the Linux development environment
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.