Senior Language and Behavior Engineer
Magic Leap, Inc., Culver City, CA
See jobs at Magic Leap, Inc.
Magic Leap is seeking an engineer to help in the development of AI technologies. The language and behavior engineer would be responsible for major contributions in the architecture of systems. Ideal candidates would be able to draw on their experience with game level AI systems, computational narrative, data mining, player modeling, and procedural content generation. Additionally, they would have thought extensively about how to utilize the latest deep learning technologies in pursuit of next level dialogue systems.
- Design and implement components for dialogue systems.
- Develop standards and tools for asset creation and pipelining for runtime engine.
- Collaborate with and direct front end engineers.
- Collaborate with deep learning experts.
- Manage data collection processes for deep learning projects.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with multidisciplinary team members.
- 5+ years experience developing social robots, applications, or games.
- Familiarity with the following:
- Existing NLP systems. (NLTK, Watson Discovery, Universal Sentence Encoder, etc.)
- Existing NLU systems. (Dialogflow, Watson, etc.).
- Existing NLG systems. (Yseop, Quill, Wordsmith, etc.)
- Game engines. (Unity, Unreal, etc.)
- Task planning algorithms. (HTN, POP, MDP, etc.)
- Text based narrative editors. (Inform7, Inkly, Articy Draft, etc. )
- Existing tensor graph packages. (Tensorflow, Caffe, etc.)
- Reinforcement learning.
- Experience developing designer facing systems.
- Experience with the planning, creation, and testing of maintainable software, including source code control, ticketing, and continuous integration.
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting, and debugging skills.
- Experience with embedded / mobile hardware and software a plus.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”