Senior, Cost Accountant
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL OR Remote (US Only)
See jobs at Magic Leap, Inc.
Our vision is a world where the physical and digital are one. Our mission is to amplify human potential by delivering the most immersive AR platform, so people can intuitively see, hear, and touch digital content in the physical world.
We are developing the most immersive AR device for enterprise, and are continuing to build a powerful team to help us do that.
Magic leap is seeking a Senior Cost Accountant, s/he will be responsible for ensuring that adequate controls and processes are in place and functioning properly to accurately state inventory and manufacturing financial activity.
- Analyze spending against R&D and production cost centers with department owners and work with accounting to ensure costs are classified correctly
- Review monthly production activity and ensure that material, labor, and overhead cost absorption aligns with level of activity
- Reconcile shop floor control system with SAP inventory sub ledger and work with operations to resolve differences
- Work with contract manufacturer to analyze production cost, monthly production volumes, and consigned inventory consumption
- Monitor cycle count and physical inventory programs to ensure completeness and accuracy and analyze results with operations to identify opportunities for improvement
- Reconcile raw, WIP, and finished goods inventory accounts including detailed analysis of consigned inventory
- Analyze warranty data and maintain proper reserves to address product failure and repair
- Support control processes and analyze internal consumption of inventory for R&D, marketing, learning, and customer satisfaction programs
- Review monthly freight spend and ensure proper accrual and categorization of expenses
- Provide monthly analysis and reporting of changes in inventory balances and production costs
- Support quarterly evaluation of inventory risk and reserve adequacy
- Review and follow up with originator of purchase orders associated with inventory, R&D, and contract manufacturing to ensure proper account mapping, timely receipt, and closure
- Review and report on manufacturing variances
- Perform costing related month end closing tasks and reporting needs
- Candidates should have 5-7 years of cost accounting experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Additional consideration will be given to candidates who can accommodate a wide range of production methods, ranging from job shop specific builds to high volume repetitive manufacturing.
- Experience using SAP is highly preferred.
- Excellent Excel skills are required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- BA or equivalent in Accounting or Finance
- CPA / CMA preferred, but not required
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
About Magic Leap, Inc.
How It All Began October 5, 2017 Today, Magic Leap is a company made up of hundreds of artists, engineers, explorers, and dreamers from around the globe, all chasing their curiosity toward the same goal – bringing together the digital and real worlds to advance human potential. But it all began on a road trip to Austin when we asked the question – “what if computing could spill outside the computer?”
Want to learn more about Magic Leap, Inc.? Visit Magic Leap, Inc.'s website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.