Magnitude Capital, New York, NY
Effective hedge-fund investing requires hands-on hedge-fund experience.
Become Part of the Magnitude Team
Magnitude Capital is a dynamic multi-billion dollar alternative investment firm in midtown Manhattan. We are seeking a resourceful problem-solver to manage day-to-day responsibilities within our operations and accounting team. You will be in a unique seat, working across functions to execute financial operations as well as assist with investor reporting and client service.
What you will do:
- Maintain internal books and records for Magnitude’s funds of hedge funds, managed account platform, and direct trading vehicles
- Review the fund administrator’s monthly net asset value calculations by reconciling cash balances, investment positions, payables and receivables, and capital activity
- Monitor daily trading and margin reporting provided by the fund administrator, prime brokers, and trading counterparties
- Assist with various operations and treasury processes, including daily cash management and FX hedging
- Prepare various weekly, monthly, and quarterly investor reports
- Respond to ad hoc investor data requests and day-to-day investor inquiries
- Assist with preparing fund audited financial statements and annual tax filings
- Represent Operations to other groups throughout the firm, such as the Investment Committee and Compliance, on topics ranging from liquidity to fund formation to regulatory filings
- Liaise with third-party providers, including administrators, lenders, vendors, and auditors
What you have:
- 4-6 years of relevant experience in operations and fund accounting within the financial sector or audit or tax in public accounting
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance
- Relevant product knowledge and sufficient understanding of fund and trade operations
- Strong knowledge of financial statistics, ratios, calculations, and performance concepts
- Strong Excel skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and high standards
- Unquestionable work ethic and initiative
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and confidently in written and verbal communications
- Commitment to improvement
- Team player mentality
- Excellent analytical skills and good judgment
- Valuable Experience (but not required):
- Production of investor or management reporting and communications
- Involvement with annual investor and fund tax filings
- Knowledge of SQL and developing macros
What we do:
The firm was founded in 2002 by senior hedge fund professionals and has become a top industry performer serving a diverse and growing institutional client base. We are a team focused on building a world-class investment company through discipline, analytical rigor, and a results oriented mindset.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits package – fully covered health insurance, generous 401K match, tuition reimbursement program, parental leave, and more
- Work that matters – work with a small team and have a big impact
- Flexible work attire – no formal dress code
- Quality food – catered meals from some of the best restaurants in NYC and fully stocked kitchen
- Great teammates – people with discipline, creativity, intellectual curiosity, and a sense of humor
- Exciting culture – analytical, open, collaborative, and collegial
Magnitude Capital, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
About Magnitude Capital
History For over fourteen years, Magnitude Capital has built and managed global, multi-strategy hedge-fund portfolios and related vehicles. Our intent has always been to deliver attractive risk-adjusted returns that don’t depend on passive risk exposures. Our Investment Committee and other senior personnel share extensive prior experience inside hedge-fund organizations. We believe this hands-on training improves our understanding of markets, managers, strategies, and their interactions over time.
Want to learn more about Magnitude Capital? Visit Magnitude Capital's website.
Jobs You May Like
Safety Head (Costa Rica)
99, San José