Magnitude Capital, New York
Effective hedge-fund investing requires hands-on hedge-fund experience.
Become Part of the Magnitude Team
Magnitude Capital is a dynamic multi-billion dollar alternative investment firm in midtown Manhattan. We are looking for a motivated individual to administer and help enhance our compliance program. You will be working on a wide variety of compliance matters. This is an opportunity for you to build on your compliance knowledge while working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
What you will do:
- Develop an understanding of the firm’s business and the regulatory framework in which it operates
- Assist the compliance team in the administration of and ongoing enhancements to all aspects of the firm’s compliance program including management of the compliance calendar and oversight of recordkeeping
- Ensure compliance with the Code of Ethics, including collecting and reviewing personal trading, certification, outside business activities, and political contributions documentation
- Ensure that all required regulatory filings are completed on a timely basis and updated as necessary
- Assist in ongoing compliance training of existing employees and orientation for new hires
- Keep abreast of and analyze new regulatory developments and best practices and collaborate with firm’s external compliance consultants and law firms on compliance and regulatory matters
- Work with other departments, such as Investor Relations, Operations, and the Investment team on various compliance initiatives
- Engage in compliance monitoring and testing, assist in development of new policies and procedures, and develop recommendations for compliance initiatives and work with the compliance team members to implement them
What you have:
- 1-3 years of experience in compliance at a hedge fund manager, private equity firm, other investment firm, compliance consulting firm, or the asset management or wealth management division of a bank
- Strong knowledge of laws, rules, and regulations applicable to SEC-registered investment advisers, including the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, other federal securities laws and regulations, and CFTC regulations
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Proactive attitude and intellectual curiosity
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with personal trading compliance software is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree required
What we do:
The firm was founded in 2002 by senior hedge fund professionals and has become a top industry performer serving a diverse and growing institutional client base. We are a team focused on building a world-class investment company through discipline, analytical rigor, and a results-oriented mindset.
What we have:
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits package – fully covered health insurance, generous 401K match, tuition reimbursement program, parental leave, and more
- Work that matters – work with a small team and have a big impact
- Flexible work attire – no formal dress code
- Quality food – catered meals from some of the best restaurants in NYC and fully stocked kitchen
- Great teammates – people with discipline, creativity, intellectual curiosity, and a sense of humor
- Exciting culture – analytical, open, collaborative, and collegial
Magnitude Capital, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
About Magnitude Capital
History For over fourteen years, Magnitude Capital has built and managed global, multi-strategy hedge-fund portfolios and related vehicles. Our intent has always been to deliver attractive risk-adjusted returns that don’t depend on passive risk exposures. Our Investment Committee and other senior personnel share extensive prior experience inside hedge-fund organizations. We believe this hands-on training improves our understanding of markets, managers, strategies, and their interactions over time.
Want to learn more about Magnitude Capital? Visit Magnitude Capital's website.
Jobs You May Like
Associate Business Manager
BGB Group, New York, NY