Magoosh is fixing a broken test prep industry.
Why should students have to put up with exorbitant prices for boring prep classes and books that might not even work? With Magoosh, they don’t have to. Our mission is simple: create products that give students everywhere access to enjoyable, affordable, and quality test prep. We help millions study at their own pace, on their own time regardless of location, social status, or background. Our team is driven to build the best content and study tools because we’re out to change the test prep experience for all.
Magoosh started in 2009 with four co-founders and a few computers. Today, we're growing fast and our products are used all over the world in more than 180 countries. Millions have studied with us, downloaded our apps, and watched our videos. And every single day, we work with students to help them get the scores they need to get into the schools they want.
If you’re a friendly, passionate, lifelong learner who’s looking to make a real difference in students’ lives, we want you to help us level the educational playing field. We also believe it's really important that our team reflects the diversity of our students. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Check out our values here!
About the Job
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, data-savvy growth marketer to help us provide affordable, effective, and enjoyable test prep to even more students across the globe. You’ll lead paid acquisition strategy across graduate, high school, and English-learning markets, contributing a significant impact to our bottom line. We already have millions of students using our free and paid products on mobile and desktop, and tens of thousands of students who have used our premium prep. You’ll be helping us to increase brand awareness, grow our user base and improve return on investment.
This position is a full-time, in-office position based in the Magoosh office in Berkeley, CA with an annual salary of $101,000 to $119,000, depending on experience. You must be authorized to work in the US.
In this position, you will…
- Own growth for a multi-channel paid acquisition portfolio of $1 million+ covering paid search, display, Facebook ads, affiliate programs, and radio.
- Develop campaigns to drive brand awareness and consideration for Magoosh’s online education products.
- Manage day-to-day reporting and performance of digital campaigns.
- Plan and execute direct media buys across offline channels such as radio, podcasts, and print (+more!).
- Research and vet new ad channels.
- Develop our marketing technology stack and build close partnerships with agencies and vendors.
- Improve channel effectiveness by A/B testing offers, creative, placement and target audiences.
- Collaborate with marketing and product teams on defining and running paid advertising campaigns to reach company goals
- Have 3-6 years of experience directly planning, executing and managing growth marketing programs.
- Have managed advertising budgets and forecasted spend and ROAS.
- Know the ins and outs of Google AdWords (including search ads, GDN, and YouTube), Facebook Ads, and Programmatic Display.
- Have run offline and/or brand awareness campaigns with measurable success.
- Love working with data in Excel and Google Analytics, and you regularly run experiments to understand the true value of a channel or campaign.
- Are highly analytical and think critically about how ad spend works with other owned and earned media channels.
- Understand how to craft engaging ad creative and landing page copy that drives a customer segment to take action.
- Can balance a big-picture outlook with the nitty-gritty details, e.g. identifying a problem in daily performance while keeping our 3-year plan in mind.
- Have a real passion for education and helping students succeed.
- Are willing to pitch in wherever needed on the marketing team (we’re a small startup, after all!).
Extra credit if you…
- Have worked in education
- Have experience with mobile ads and app tracking/analytics
- Have run digital ad campaigns (SEM, social) internationally
- Have design experience (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc)
Note: Please feel comfortable applying, even you don’t meet all the requirements for the position.
To learn more about our hiring process, check out our blog post.
Want to know more about employee perks? Visit out our benefits and perks doc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We took traditional test prep and flipped it on its head. Magoosh is out to prove that those months leading up to test day don't have to be miserable. In fact, with our help they can actually be enjoyable. Our team is full of expert teachers, tutors, engineers, and education aficionados creating the highest quality tools and resources you need to study at your own pace, on your own time. And the best part? You can afford it. We even offer many of our lessons, apps, and videos for free.
Want to learn more about Magoosh? Visit Magoosh's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Director, Demand Generation
Classy, San Diego HQ
Social Advertising Consultant
Digital Marketing Specialist - Paid Media
Hootsuite, London, United Kingdom
Rover.com , Seattle
Integrated Producer, Benelux
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Index Exchange, Toronto (Midtown)