Design and develop the 3D printers that are changing the way people work and create.
We are looking for a Director of Software who will be a leader for the software development team within the company. The Director will work closely with the Product and Design groups to develop and execute roadmaps. They will work closely with technical leaders on the development teams to continuously improve processes and remove blockers to efficient development.
We use diverse stacks and tools across our products. All products have CI infrastructure. Teams use agile development processes and work closely with Product Management and UX Designers.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Oversee development for Print, Web, Mobile & Desktop software and Software QA
- Lead cross technology, multi disciplinary agile teams
- Work with Product and Design to develop roadmaps
- Work with Hardware and Operations teams to design and deliver our integrated 3D printing solutions
- Work with development teams to continually improve process
- Work with development teams on automated testing process and QA
- Experience managing a software team or teams
- Experience with continuous Integration infrastructure
- Experience owning and delivering on a road map
- Ability to learn new technologies
- 5+ years development experience
- Experience with 3D Printing
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with React.js
- People: We have some of the most talented, diverse, and collaborative teams in the world who love to push the boundaries of innovation.
- Products: We put 3D Printing on the map and gave the first 3D Printing keynote address at CES! We just released all-new solutions for professionals and educators, including two new 3D printers, software, new filament, and more on September 22, 2016. Read about it here.
- Office Space: From the moment you step onto the 21st floor of our office in Downtown Brooklyn - the high energy and view of multiple bridges and the Statue of Liberty - will take your breath away!
- Perks: We have great benefits, fun social events, and of course all the free snacks and ping-pong tournaments that you would expect at any cool tech company.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS), is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability and ease-of-use. Through this dedication, MakerBot has one of the largest install bases in the industry and also runs Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world.
MakerBot's connected 3D printing solutions address the wider needs of professionals and educators, evolving their ideas from inspiration to innovation.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.
Makerbot is changing how people think about 3D printing around the world.
Want to learn more about Makerbot? Visit http://makerbot.com
Jobs You May Like
Senior Director of Internal Audit
Etsy, Brooklyn, NY
Marketing Intern, The Bump
XO Group, New York
Keyholder, San Francisco
Bonobos, San Francisco, CA
Customer Engagement Representative with Spanish
Optician, Domain Northside
Warby Parker, Austin, TX
Environment Outsource Review Artist (Contract)
PlayStation, San Diego, CA