Who We Are:
Malwarebytes is the next-gen cybersecurity company that millions worldwide trust. Malwarebytes proactively protects people and businesses against dangerous threats such as malware, ransomware, and exploits that escape detection by traditional antivirus solutions. The company’s flagship product combines advanced heuristic threat detection with signatureless technologies to detect and stop a cyberattack before damage occurs. More than 10,000 businesses worldwide use, trust, and recommend Malwarebytes. Founded in 2008, the company is headquartered in California, with offices in Europe and Asia, and a global team of threat researchers and security experts.
We’ve created a fantastic culture that our employees love and were recently named in the top 10 of Fortune Magazine’s “Great Place to Work” list. We’re growing fast and are looking for some great people to join us.
Who We Need:
Malwarebytes is looking for a talented Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our Infrastructure Platform SRE team here in our Clearwater office (open to remote). We are looking for an engineer with experience building reusable infrastructure code and helping developers on-board with self-service tooling. An ideal candidate will have experience working directly with developers supporting: ruby, nodejs, go, java, scala apps. The focus of the Infrastructure Platforms team is cranking out reliable building blocks that developers can lavage. Experience with Terraform and a solid background with AWS services required. Previous experience with configuration management tools like ansible, puppet, etc. desirable. General understanding of log/telemetry shipping along with alerting pipelines required. This role will help evangelize best practices internally to development teams for: Cloud architecture, security, CI/CD integration, etc.
We are a 100% AWS shop, so experience working with the AWS APIs is required. We are always experimenting with new technologies, so a desire and ability to explore the unknown is a must.
What You’ll Do:
- Build and support Terraform modules for consumption across Malwarebytes engineering
- Provide subject matter expertise for supported technologies:
- Microservice architecture
- Work regularly with AWS APIs.
- Work with Ansible, Terraform, Python, and Bash to build and manage systems
- Provide subject matter expertise to engineering teams
- Work on module feature requests submitted by Dev and other SRE teams
- Help improve our offerings by sharing your vision for the platform
- Work collaboratively with architecture and development leads to understand needs and provide guidance on technology selection
- Work with development teams on prototyping
- Participate in an incident response engagement rotation in support of provided services
Skills You’ll Need to Have:
- Must be a fast learner with the ability to work in a fast-paced and agile environment
- Willing to continually learn new software and teach others
- Must have an agreeable personality, work well with others, and possess good communication and documentation skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organization skills.
- Good understanding of modern micro-services architectures
- Experience in supporting AWS cloud service offerings
- An in-depth knowledge of Linux fundamentals, including networking, file systems, and security best practices
- Strong understanding of networking fundamentals
- Fluent in Terraform, Bash, Ansible, and Python
- Experience working alongside developers to troubleshot production application issues.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related discipline and 5+ years of experience in IT infrastructure services or related field (with at least 4 years of production Linux experience). Additional training, technical certification, and/or experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
Skills That Are Nice to Have:
- Understanding of guerrilla capacity planning
- AWS Professional Certifications
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth and development
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages
- 401(k) matching program
- Open time off policy
- Stocked kitchen with healthy (and some unhealthy) drinks, snacks, fruit and lunch options
- A company that enjoys having fun; holiday and summer parties, sporting events and lots of other great stuff
About us Malwarebytes is the next-gen cybersecurity company that millions worldwide trust. Malwarebytes proactively protects people and businesses against dangerous threats such as malware, ransomware, and exploits that escape detection by traditional antivirus solutions. The company’s flagship product combines advanced heuristic threat detection with signature-less technologies to detect and stop a cyberattack before damage occurs. More than 10,000 businesses worldwide use, trust, and recommend Malwarebytes. Founded in 2008, the company is headquartered in California, with offices in Europe and Asia, and a global team of threat researchers and security experts. For more information, please visit us at http://www.malwarebytes.com/. Malwarebytes founder and CEO Marcin Kleczynski started the company to create the best disinfection and protection solutions to combat the world’s most harmful Internet threats. Marcin was recently named “CEO of the Year” in the Global Excellence awards and has been named to Forbes 30 Under 30 Rising Stars of Enterprise Technology list and the Silicon Valley Business Journal’s 40 Under 40 award, adding those to an Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award.