Who We Are:
Malwarebytes is the next-gen cybersecurity company that millions worldwide trust. Malwarebytes proactively protects people and businesses against dangerous threats such as malware, ransomware, and exploits that escape detection by traditional antivirus solutions. The company’s flagship product combines advanced heuristic threat detection with signatureless technologies to detect and stop a cyberattack before damage occurs. More than 10,000 businesses worldwide use, trust, and recommend Malwarebytes. Founded in 2008, the company is headquartered in California, with offices in Europe and Asia, and a global team of threat researchers and security experts.
We’ve created a fantastic culture that our employees love and were recently named in the top 10 of Fortune Magazine’s “Great Place to Work” list. We’re growing fast and are looking for some great people to join us.
Who We Need:
We’re not looking for people who know all the answers; we want people who can think creatively and are not afraid to bring forward new ideas. The problems we solve are meaningful, exciting, and constantly evolving. You’ll work together with other engineers in a fast-paced, agile platform, to build reliable, secure, and efficient applications in the cloud. Your code will protect millions of customers from emerging threats and will restore their confidence in using their computers. Our engineering team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer ready for the challenge of delivering great products to our users.
What You Will Do:
- Develop the next generation of Malwarebytes business solution
- Work with a global team of other engineers to build highly scalable and resilient applications and infrastructure, that serve millions of users
- Learn, maintain, and improve our existing toolset around local development, application deployment, monitoring, and alerting systems
- Participate in our agile/scrum process
- Be part of on-call rotation of production systems
- Support your fellow developers; proactively communicate, document, unit-test, and peer review
- Work as a team to ensure everyone meets their goals
- Make the world a better place by helping get rid of malware on millions of computers
Skills You’ll Need to Have:
- 4+ years experience developing complex scalable applications while following best practices and coding standards
- Ability and eagerness to quickly grasp other languages (Ruby on Rails, Python)
- Solid work experience using AWS technologies (ECS, lambda, S3, Kinesis, DynamoDB )
- Preferred 2+ years experience with Docker and container orchestration
- Solid work experience in building production REST APIs
- Experience in at least one or more relational databases such as Postgres, MySQL, etc.
- Experience with in-memory stores and NoSQL a plus (Redis, Memcached)
- Comfortable in HTML5, CSS, and modern UX principles.
- Comfortable troubleshooting and debugging problems full-stack in a distributed environment
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills
- A zeal for working with the latest technologies and expanding your skill set
- General can-do attitude and willingness to tackle any project that helps makes Malwarebytes successful
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar field,
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth and development
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages
- Free Parking
- Stocked kitchen with healthy (and some unhealthy) drinks, snacks, fruit and lunch options
- A company that enjoys having fun; holiday and summer parties, sporting events and lots of other great stuff
About us Malwarebytes is the next-gen cybersecurity company that millions worldwide trust. Malwarebytes proactively protects people and businesses against dangerous threats such as malware, ransomware, and exploits that escape detection by traditional antivirus solutions. The company’s flagship product combines advanced heuristic threat detection with signature-less technologies to detect and stop a cyberattack before damage occurs. More than 10,000 businesses worldwide use, trust, and recommend Malwarebytes. Founded in 2008, the company is headquartered in California, with offices in Europe and Asia, and a global team of threat researchers and security experts. For more information, please visit us at http://www.malwarebytes.com/. Malwarebytes founder and CEO Marcin Kleczynski started the company to create the best disinfection and protection solutions to combat the world’s most harmful Internet threats. Marcin was recently named “CEO of the Year” in the Global Excellence awards and has been named to Forbes 30 Under 30 Rising Stars of Enterprise Technology list and the Silicon Valley Business Journal’s 40 Under 40 award, adding those to an Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
Want to learn more about Malwarebytes? Visit Malwarebytes's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one