About Managed by Q:
Managed by Q is the platform for office management, helping thousands of offices nationwide run their workplace operations more seamlessly by combining technology, expertise, and high quality service. As today’s leading companies are increasingly aware of the need for an excellent workplace experience, they are turning to Managed by Q to deliver it.
The facilities and office services industry represents a more than one trillion dollar opportunity globally, and has seen little to no innovation driven by technology prior to Managed by Q. Today, thousands of companies -- ranging from high growth start-ups to the Fortune 500 -- are using Q to discover, book, manage, and pay service providers across hundreds of service categories including cleaning, maintenance, IT, security and administrative staffing. By combining all of these services onto one frictionless platform, Q is changing the way the world works.
Founded in New York City in 2014 with a vision to build the operating system for offices, Managed by Q has been a powerful voice in the national conversation around the future of work. Heralded as the “standard bearer of good jobs in the on-demand economy,” Managed by Q has built a reputation for championing employee ownership and creating good jobs with opportunities for career growth for workers of all backgrounds. Today, Q employs over a thousand people across 5 cities and works with hundreds of small businesses, many of whom are introducing technology to their business for the first time to improve service quality and grow their bottom line.
Managed by Q is headquartered in Manhattan’s SoHo neighborhood, and has offices in San Francisco, Chicago, LA, and Boston. The company is backed by the world's leading investors including Google Ventures, RRE, Homebrew, Greycroft and Staples.
About the role:
As Office Services Supervisor you are ultimately responsible for providing and maintaining the highest quality of service at a number of client locations. This is achieved by coaching Q Assistants, Administrative Assistants and Office Managers by assessing the client space and providing effective recommendations. This role will work closely with the Managed by Q Operators and our clients to understand the ever-changing requirements of each workspace.
- You are an organized, diligent, hard working leader and a great communicator. You only need to be asked something once and you internalize it and act on it.
- You are always professional -- able to lead by example and always hold the highest bar for integrity and respect
- You enjoy managing individuals, holding high expectations, and giving them the tools and the coaching to succeed.
- You are solutions-oriented and will do whatever it takes to problem solve for our Operators, clients and team.
- Responsible for weekly/bi-weekly check ins with Q Operators that work at client sites
- Responsible for making decisions regarding appropriate disciplinary actions, up to and including termination.
- Be thoughtful and observant at account, always inquiring about up sell service opportunities
- Conduct walkthroughs for new operators in the space or covering operators
- Fill in for Operators that are unable to attend their shifts at the client site
- Work with appropriate team members in helping with the selection of operators eligible for advancement that meet criteria
- Conduct ongoing on-site Operator training
- Follows Operators through Training program, ensuring standards are me
- Use Salesforce, Google Docs, Slack, ipad applications, smartphone, and proprietary internal technology to communicate with team
- Submit operator tickets electronically for any breach in quality, behavior, or policy
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures relating to performance of tasks, use of products or supplies and incident reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years office management experience in a fast pace environment
- Experience supervising an hourly workforce, preferably in the Office Management category
- Excellent people skills; must possess the ability to communicate effectively with different levels of employees
- Must be able to build and maintain effective working relationships
- Must have the proven ability to consistently and independently follow policies and procedures; written and verbal instruction and meet required schedules and/or deadlines
- Innovative and a self-starter. Constantly seeking ways to build relationships and improve processes, and taking action to make it happen
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills as well as problem solving skills
- Willingness to travel to / from client offices
- Possess working smartphone that has the capabilities to download the Managed by Q application (iOS or Android) with a data plan
- Physical requirements include: walking and standing during the entire shift (often 4-8 hours), climbing stairs, bending, kneeling to clean floors, push and pull objects, lift and move objects (up to 50 lbs), repetitive bending and lifting, and repetitive arm movements
- Ground floor opportunity at one of the fastest growing companies in the world
- Competitive salary
- Generous Stock Options
- 401(k) with matching
- 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance
- An insanely supportive, hardworking team, building something BIG
About Managed By Q
About us Managed by Q is the platform for office management. Q makes it easy to run an office by connecting offices to services, including cleaning, maintenance, office administration, IT, and security. Companies use Q’s marketplace to discover vetted service providers, request project quotes, schedule work, and pay for office services, all in one place. A solution for recurring and ad-hoc office needs, Q saves companies valuable time and supports office operations for thousands of businesses nationwide.
Want to learn more about Managed By Q? Visit Managed By Q's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sourcer, Business Talent
Affirm, San Francisco, CA
Head of Recruitment
Luno, London, Cape Town
Talent Acquisition Representative (Contract)
Elementum, Elementum HQ
Influencer Talent Manager
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Exiger, London, UK
ChowNow, Los Angeles, CA