Director, MBA Professional Development
Management Leadership For Tomorrow, Bethesda, MD
See jobs at Management Leadership For Tomorrow
- Develop and execute overall strategic vision and growth strategy for the MBA Professional Development program.
- Develop and manage to program metrics to ensure Fellows are receiving internship and full-time job offers with MLT corporate partners at a high rate.
- Work with MLT’s Partnerships team to develop Fellows’ engagement opportunities with MLT corporate partners, with a focus on understanding partner needs and providing the best talent to fit those needs.
- Manage development, delivery, evaluation and improvement of the MBA PD curriculum (seminars, webinars, coaching calls), focused on self-assessment, industry exposure, job search techniques, and interview preparation.
- Manage highly talented team of four - five advanced-degreed PD coaches and one Program Associate, all of whom work remotely.
- Develop processes and procedures to ensure the delivery of consistent and high-quality program services.
- Work closely with the Recruiting & Admissions team to oversee the building of the MBA PD class to ensure strategic goals are met.
Competencies, Experience, & Qualifications
- MBA degree plus at least 4 years’ industry experience within a business unit required
- Experiential knowledge of what it takes to succeed in MBA-level internship and full-time positions in finance, consulting, and/or marketing, etc
- Exposure or experience within a corporate MBA recruiting function is a plus
- Strong leader of teams who is able to inspire superior results; direct supervisory and people management experience is a must
- Excellent strategic thinking skills
- Exceptional project management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent presentation, communication (oral and written), and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to travel & attend seminars ~4 weekends a year, as well as occasional evenings
About Management Leadership For Tomorrow
John Rice at CitiAs a Harvard MBA student in the early 1990’s, John Rice began delving into the reasons why there were few other students there who looked like him. He developed a thesis for a nonprofit organization that would provide the training, coaching and networks that traditionally have been unavailable to minorities. In 2002, after a successful career at Disney and the National Basketball Association, John left the private sector to found the organization he first envisioned in business school: Management Leadership for Tomorrow (MLT). Transforming Lives Today, MLT has transformed the careers and life trajectories of more than 6,000 Black, Hispanic and Native American women and men – from college students to seasoned executives. MLT partners with more than 100 leading companies, social sector organizations and universities to strengthen their recruitment and retention of diverse talent. Know-How. Navigation. Network. MLT’s distinctive model provides the know-how, navigation systems and network to ensure talented underrepresented minorities are able to get on and stay on the path to senior leadership. MLT’s Rising Leaders benefit from exceptional coaching, skills training, and a powerful, professional network unlike any other – peers, mentors and senior leaders who share experience, trust and a commitment to helping each other advance. MLT’s experience and expertise are influencing national conversations about opportunity, race, workforce diversity and economic mobility, and proving that these vexing gaps and inequities can be overcome.