Coach, MBA Professional Development (Finance)
Management Leadership For Tomorrow, Remote
See jobs at Management Leadership For Tomorrow
- Conduct one on one and group coaching sessions with Fellows to support their short term and long term career development, as well as their current recruiting efforts for both traditional and non-traditional MBA roles.
- Advise Fellows on how to build interview proficiency, industry knowledge, and communication and networking skills. Perform detailed reviews of resumes. Maintain coaching records on each Fellow
- Deliver expertise on MBA relevant careers and job markets—with special emphasis on job opportunities at our Corporate Partners—by conducting ongoing research and outreach to alumni and other representatives at various companies. Educate Fellows about external resources to aid their job search as needed
- Engage Partnerships Team to ensure that Fellows have current information about specific job markets and recruiter perceptions. Advise corporate partners on activities to build awareness among Fellows
- Partner with Director to develop and deliver career management and training initiatives, including workshops, seminars, webinars, panels, and other events
- Oversee development and selection of new resources, including online videos, self-study exercises, and assessment tools
- Track and collect employment data (including applications, interviews, and offers) from current Fellows to support our internal and external reporting. Lead outreach to Fellows to ensure compliance with our reporting requirements
- Travel to two or more proprietary seminars, events, or national recruiting fairs (e.g. NBMBAA, NSHMBA, etc.) each year.
- Assist with the development of curriculum for the program
- Assist with the administrative duties associated with running the MBA PD program, application reads and review calls, candidate interviews and recruiting decisions
- Design and conduct webinars as instructional tools based on your industry expertise.
- Help the team by taking a lead position on projects as needed
- Read and evaluate applications to the MBA Prep/PD programs
Competencies, Experience, & Qualifications
- Master’s degree required, MBA preferred
- At least 7 years of total work experience required (with at least 3+ years post-graduate school work experience preferred) in relevant MBA career fields (e.g. consulting, consumer packaged goods, financial services, technology, pharma/biotech, etc.)
- Candidates with a track record of success in venture capital or VC-backed startups are preferred at this time
- Ability to work 20-30 hours per week
- Strong interest and ability to coach high potential Fellows who are pursuing their MBA degrees
- Exceptionally skilled at interviewing, job search, and resume writing
- Demonstrated project management abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Excellence in written and oral communication, with polished professional demeanor
- Must feel comfortable addressing the emotional needs and stresses of highly motivated business professionals in career transition
- Ability to deliver on metrics and report on outcomes to Director
- Experience with Salesforce and Symplicity Career Services Management (CSM) platforms a plus
- Must be able to travel & attend seminars ~4 weekends a year, as well as occasional evenings
About Management Leadership For Tomorrow
John Rice at CitiAs a Harvard MBA student in the early 1990’s, John Rice began delving into the reasons why there were few other students there who looked like him. He developed a thesis for a nonprofit organization that would provide the training, coaching and networks that traditionally have been unavailable to minorities. In 2002, after a successful career at Disney and the National Basketball Association, John left the private sector to found the organization he first envisioned in business school: Management Leadership for Tomorrow (MLT). Transforming Lives Today, MLT has transformed the careers and life trajectories of more than 6,000 Black, Hispanic and Native American women and men – from college students to seasoned executives. MLT partners with more than 100 leading companies, social sector organizations and universities to strengthen their recruitment and retention of diverse talent. Know-How. Navigation. Network. MLT’s distinctive model provides the know-how, navigation systems and network to ensure talented underrepresented minorities are able to get on and stay on the path to senior leadership. MLT’s Rising Leaders benefit from exceptional coaching, skills training, and a powerful, professional network unlike any other – peers, mentors and senior leaders who share experience, trust and a commitment to helping each other advance. MLT’s experience and expertise are influencing national conversations about opportunity, race, workforce diversity and economic mobility, and proving that these vexing gaps and inequities can be overcome.
Want to learn more about Management Leadership For Tomorrow? Visit Management Leadership For Tomorrow's website.
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.