Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snapchat, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with hiring managers to deeply understand the roles, write captivating job descriptions, and build a clear, concise pitch for candidates
- Develop and nurture a pipeline of exceptionally qualified candidates and maintain their level of interest to meet current and future demand
- Proactively source and contact passive candidates for niche positions, with relentless followup
- Provide regular status reports and real-time candidate tracking
- Conduct full cycle technical recruiting in all functions/departments within the organization, including posting, sourcing, screening, scheduling, and offers
- Utilize modern, cutting-edge technology and tools in recruiting as provided by Mapbox, and make suggestions for additional tools and more optimal approaches
- Guide process, identify issues, and propose novel ideas to implement to ensure that we successfully hire top talent at Mapbox
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- 5+ years consultative recruiting experience
- Proven ability to build and implement successful, creative approaches to talent acquisition, with knowledge of the latest innovative recruiting resources and techniques
- Experience and comfort reaching out to passive candidates at all levels
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and build quick rapport, and maintain strong relationships with both candidates and hiring managers
- Ability to successfully extend, negotiate, and personally close offers
- Strong collaborative skills and flexibility in fulfilling multiple roles
- Experience in a high growth tech startup preferred
What We Value
Mapbox is the location data platform for mobile and web applications. We provide building blocks to add location features like maps, search, and navigation into any experience you create. We’re changing the way people move around cities and explore our world. Through the apps Mapbox powers, we reach more than 300 million people each month. Location is built into the fabric of our daily experiences. Whether you’re exploring a city with Lonely Planet, sharing with friends on Snapchat, seeing if it’s going to rain on Weather.com, tracking breaking news on Bloomberg, or checking your ETA in Lyft — location is essential to every one of these applications, and they’re powered by Mapbox. We craft beautiful maps and developer-friendly location data, APIs, and SDKs so that you’re free to focus on designing, building, and developing your application. Our open-source tools let analytics companies understand big geo data, drone companies publish flyovers, real estate sites visualize properties, satellite companies process cloud-free imagery, and insurance companies track assets. Mapbox proudly embraces our open-source roots. We work in the open and release as much code as possible. We believe it’s the right thing for people, technology, and business.