Senior Account Manager, Europe
Mapbox, London, United Kingdom
Build experiences for exploring the world
Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snap, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What You'll Do
- Build and own relationships with Mapbox’s most strategic customers, from first contact to product launch and beyond, ensuring that we grow with them
- Combine Mapbox building blocks with deep customer knowledge to present compelling technical solutions with clear business outcomes
- Communicate customer needs and industry patterns back to Mapbox product teams to influence our technical roadmap
- Develop and execute strategies to expand Mapbox’s adoption in key industry verticals, working closely with the marketing team to tell our customers’ success stories
- Mentor more junior members of the sales team grow talent internally
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Strong technical sales aptitude demonstrated through a combination of industry experience, size and complexity of deals closed (you’ll be focused on six and seven-figure opportunities), and rapport with engineers and product owners
- Ability to navigate complex customer relationships, developing trust and influence with engineers and developers up to c-level leadership
- Ability to collaborate across Mapbox teams including engineering, support, and marketing to close business and ensure successful customer launches
- Deep curiosity, empathy, and grit — we’re partnering with our customers to solve hard problems, and we win as a team
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
Mapbox is the location data platform for mobile and web applications. We provide building blocks to add location features like maps, search, and navigation into any experience you create. We’re changing the way people move around cities and explore our world. Through the apps Mapbox powers, we reach more than 300 million people each month. Location is built into the fabric of our daily experiences. Whether you’re exploring a city with Lonely Planet, sharing with friends on Snapchat, seeing if it’s going to rain on Weather.com, tracking breaking news on Bloomberg, or checking your ETA in Lyft — location is essential to every one of these applications, and they’re powered by Mapbox. We craft beautiful maps and developer-friendly location data, APIs, and SDKs so that you’re free to focus on designing, building, and developing your application. Our open-source tools let analytics companies understand big geo data, drone companies publish flyovers, real estate sites visualize properties, satellite companies process cloud-free imagery, and insurance companies track assets. Mapbox proudly embraces our open-source roots. We work in the open and release as much code as possible. We believe it’s the right thing for people, technology, and business.
Want to learn more about Mapbox? Visit Mapbox's website.
The social news and entertainment company.