Product Leader - Dash
Mapbox, San Francisco, CA / Washington D.C / Remote
Build experiences for exploring the world
Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snap, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What We Do
Auto is undergoing a massive change towards electric and automated vehicles with a fully connected user experience. At a time where these changes are actually reaching a tipping point, Mapbox delivers realtime updating maps, a polished user experience and AI vision enabling our OEM customers to build the future of mobility. We take a consultative, long term partnership approach in developing business with our customers. We obsess with them about their drivers to create delightful experiences unique to their brand and we work with them to evolve in-car applications continuously throughout the lifetime of the vehicle. Location is a fundamental enabler of the future of mobility and the journey is just getting started. If you’re excited to build this future at Mapbox, we’d love to hear from you.
What You’ll Do
As Senior Product Manager for Mapbox Dash you’ll be responsible for Mapbox’ brand new flagship navigation application we just launched in partnership with General Motors and we’re expanding to additional car makers as we speak. Closely working with design, engineering, technical account management, sales and our customers you are responsible for the successful growth of the application. This encompasses product roadmap, product marketing, customer acquisition and partnerships surrounding the application.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Ownership & execution: Own the technical vision, lead the strategy and guide the team to execute towards building the future of in-car navigation.
- Customer focus. You care deeply about your customers and their problems, and you work tirelessly to innovate on their behalf.
- Setting the bar: You understand the 10X difference between good and great. You drive a culture of quality and continuous improvement in your organization.
- Growth mindset: Have the humility to accept mistakes, learn and grow from them.
- Partnership. You get to partner with product, design & key stakeholders to help drive key search decisions that influence the business.
- Strong written and vocal communication skills. You can talk and write about complex ideas concisely to a wide audience.
- Data informed mindset: You believe in the value of data informed decision making and strive to measure things that are not straight forward but essential. You also have the right instincts to make speedy decisions in the absence of perfect & comprehensive data.
- Experience bringing products to market: You have a proven track record of shipping successful products. You have experience coordinating deadlines, setting pricing, developing a marketing strategy, and enabling support teams.
- High standards for work. You drive a culture of quality on the teams you work with and know how to drive healthy tension between quality and velocity.
Important Knowledge + Experiences for This Role
- 8+ years in product management with proven ability to design and develop sophisticated, innovative, efficient, and durable solutions to complex technological and business problems.
- The majority of your product management experience is in connected consumer software.
- Customer empathy and curiosity about what problems your work solves for your users
- An analytical approach: you have a track record of leveraging data to drive decisions.
- Ambiguity and independence: You can weed out what’s important in highly ambiguous spaces, and juggle a variety of competing priorities. Even so, you are autonomous and proactive around driving solutions to completion.
- Excellence in presentations and representing the product in conferences and closed room meetings.
- A plus: Experience in building lasting partnerships and negotiating business terms on sell and supply side.
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity\
Mapbox is the location data platform for mobile and web applications. We provide building blocks to add location features like maps, search, and navigation into any experience you create. We’re changing the way people move around cities and explore our world. Through the apps Mapbox powers, we reach more than 300 million people each month. Location is built into the fabric of our daily experiences. Whether you’re exploring a city with Lonely Planet, sharing with friends on Snapchat, seeing if it’s going to rain on Weather.com, tracking breaking news on Bloomberg, or checking your ETA in Lyft — location is essential to every one of these applications, and they’re powered by Mapbox. We craft beautiful maps and developer-friendly location data, APIs, and SDKs so that you’re free to focus on designing, building, and developing your application. Our open-source tools let analytics companies understand big geo data, drone companies publish flyovers, real estate sites visualize properties, satellite companies process cloud-free imagery, and insurance companies track assets. Mapbox proudly embraces our open-source roots. We work in the open and release as much code as possible. We believe it’s the right thing for people, technology, and business.
Want to learn more about Mapbox? Visit Mapbox's website.
Sweat in good company