Machine Learning & Data Engineer, Navigation Native
Mapbox, Minsk, Belarus
Build experiences for exploring the world
Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snap, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What We Do
Mapbox Navigation Native & Vision teams bridge the gap between automotive, mobile and logistics navigation experience. We deliver sophisticated and cross-platform algorithms solving map-matching, navigation and adas problems. Vision is one of the crucial signals we use to improve our maps, sense and digitize road conditions to a form when safety decisions can be made in real time.
What You'll Do
Joining us as a Machine learning and Data Engineer both, you'll play a key role in developing software/models for detection, recognition, classification of road- and navigation-related features, used for better navigation, deep map enrichment and drivers’ safety. You'll bring your experience and skills to our exciting project within a competent, cross-functional, passionate and self-organized team.
- Take ownership, improve, scale and iterate on existing feature generated pipelines
- Design and implement new feature extraction pipelines from open source and proprietary data;
- Collect and monitor technical and business metrics;
- Play a central role in discussing and implementing security best practices.
- Good knowledge Python, Software Engineering background (in any programming language) will be a plus;
- Comfortable with SQL;
- Hands-on experience with Spark / PySpark / MapReduce / ...;
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with Machine Learning / Data Science;
- Basic understanding of distributed computing principles;
- Experience with Hadoop (or similar) Ecosystem;
- Experience with workflow management tools (Airflow / Oozie / Luigi / Prefect / ...);
- Experience with AWS services, in particular S3, EC2, IAM, EMR, Glue, Athena, Kinesis;
- Creative, resourceful and innovative problem solver;
- Excellent team player with the ability to work within a collaborative environment;
- Good communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
- C++ is a plus!
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
Mapbox is the location data platform for mobile and web applications. We provide building blocks to add location features like maps, search, and navigation into any experience you create. We’re changing the way people move around cities and explore our world. Through the apps Mapbox powers, we reach more than 300 million people each month. Location is built into the fabric of our daily experiences. Whether you’re exploring a city with Lonely Planet, sharing with friends on Snapchat, seeing if it’s going to rain on Weather.com, tracking breaking news on Bloomberg, or checking your ETA in Lyft — location is essential to every one of these applications, and they’re powered by Mapbox. We craft beautiful maps and developer-friendly location data, APIs, and SDKs so that you’re free to focus on designing, building, and developing your application. Our open-source tools let analytics companies understand big geo data, drone companies publish flyovers, real estate sites visualize properties, satellite companies process cloud-free imagery, and insurance companies track assets. Mapbox proudly embraces our open-source roots. We work in the open and release as much code as possible. We believe it’s the right thing for people, technology, and business.
Want to learn more about Mapbox? Visit Mapbox's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.