Mapbox is the leading real-time location platform for a new generation of location-aware businesses. Mapbox is the only platform that equips organizations with the full set of tools to power the navigation of people, packages, and vehicles everywhere. More than 3.5 million registered developers have chosen Mapbox because of the platform’s flexibility, security and privacy compliance. Organizations use Mapbox applications, data, SDKs and APIs to create customized and immersive experiences that delight their customers. Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, tracking your personal best mile on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps.
What You'll Do
- Establish automated testing strategies to ensure quality of SDK and app releases on Android and iOS
- Set up the team’s test automation framework and integrate third-party testing services
- Integrate the testing framework with our CI systems to support CD and release cycles
- Write automated tests to cover key navigation functionality in both Android and iOS SDKs & apps
- Empower and support platform engineers in writing automated tests with the framework
- Identify and record defects, assess their severity and analyse steps to reproduction
- Build test suites to cover smoke, regression and functional testing
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Extensive on-hands experience with mobile test frameworks such as Appium, Espresso and/or XCUITest
- Experience on building testing framework for mobile teams
- Experience with at least one CI&D platform and cloud testing services (AWS Device Farm, Firebase TestLab, Saucelabs…)
- Proven experience in defining and implementing a testing automation strategy
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to work in ambiguous environments
- Knowledge of mobile application software design and architecture
- Experience with build and distribution systems would be an advantage (Gradle, Maven and/or SPM)
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
Mapbox is the location data platform for mobile and web applications. We provide building blocks to add location features like maps, search, and navigation into any experience you create. We’re changing the way people move around cities and explore our world. Through the apps Mapbox powers, we reach more than 300 million people each month. Location is built into the fabric of our daily experiences. Whether you’re exploring a city with Lonely Planet, sharing with friends on Snapchat, seeing if it’s going to rain on Weather.com, tracking breaking news on Bloomberg, or checking your ETA in Lyft — location is essential to every one of these applications, and they’re powered by Mapbox. We craft beautiful maps and developer-friendly location data, APIs, and SDKs so that you’re free to focus on designing, building, and developing your application. Our open-source tools let analytics companies understand big geo data, drone companies publish flyovers, real estate sites visualize properties, satellite companies process cloud-free imagery, and insurance companies track assets. Mapbox proudly embraces our open-source roots. We work in the open and release as much code as possible. We believe it’s the right thing for people, technology, and business.
Want to learn more about Mapbox? Visit Mapbox's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.