Mapbox delivers the industry’s leader real-time location intelligence platform that powers the navigation of people, packages, and vehicles everywhere.
The Senior Brand Designer will report to the Manager of the Web Design Team which is part of the marketing organization. Our team brings the Mapbox brand to life through visual design and web, animation and video production. We are looking for a designer who is curious, customer focused, is bold and always growing.
Perks and benefits
- Work remotely, in an office or hybrid. The position can work in our offices in either central Helsinki, Finland or central Minsk, Belarus.
- Working in a global company with an American culture that encourages horizontal relationships across teams within the company. Everyone has access to everyone, we’re all on an equal footing.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Additional paid day-offs:
- Company-wide New Year holiday break period from Dec 25 to Jan 1;
- Additional 12 sick days per year;
- Mapbox Well-being days for you to refresh and recharge.
- 4 paid days of Volunteer Time Off per year.
- Modern equipment kit (Mac/PC, accessories).
- Expense up to 450 EUR in 2022 for necessary furniture, equipment or costs related to working from home.
- Payment for training, international conferences, equipment or soft, trips to team sprints, etc. by request.
- Extensive insurance package.
- Mapbox will help you achieve your professional development goals. Working with us, you will always increase your value in the market.
- Both Helsinki and Minsk offices have additional perks specific to the respective office.
What you’ll be doing
- Contribute to the vision for the Mapbox brand design direction.
- Define and evolve in product visuals in a systematic and detailed approach.
- Create a brand design guideline.
- Implement the Mapbox brand online and print design execution.
- Design a collateral system and templates for collateral and presentations.
- Create bold visual designs to express our brand and represent our users.
- Create graphic designs that communicate a story for use in blog posts, presentations, data visualizations, iconography and web pages.
- Design commercial offers, sales presentations and keynote presentations.
- Design and layout marketing collateral including brochures, advertisements, posters and event graphics.
- Design branded swag and other print production.
- Manage communications and relationships with external agencies
- Stay current on social and visual trends and be a thought leader across the team.
Set high standards for aesthetic design and provide guidance to achieve them.
What you need to join us
- Best-in-class design aesthetic.
- 5+ years of experience in brand and graphic design.
- Deep systems thinking.
- Ability to take complex ideas and present in a concise, visually compelling way
- Experience of brand guidelines development for IT companies.
- Ability to create high-quality 2D and 3D graphic content (e.g., illustrations, data visualization, photo processing).
- Great experience with Figma and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Upper-intermediate English (fluent speaking and excellent writing).
- Ability to build your own work, find the necessary information on your own, and constantly communicate with various departments of the company.
- Pitch in on the look and feel of projects going on across the org to bring a level of polish and a Mapbox-y lens to everything we ship.
- Strong communication skills, ability to defend your point of view with arguments and say "no."
- A strong portfolio of work demonstrating the above skills is required for consideration
- Be inspired by the global Mapbox mission to power the navigation for people, packages and vehicles everywhere.
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
If you feel that this position is close to you:
Fill out and submit the form at the bottom of this page.
Mapbox is the location data platform for mobile and web applications. We provide building blocks to add location features like maps, search, and navigation into any experience you create. We’re changing the way people move around cities and explore our world. Through the apps Mapbox powers, we reach more than 300 million people each month. Location is built into the fabric of our daily experiences. Whether you’re exploring a city with Lonely Planet, sharing with friends on Snapchat, seeing if it’s going to rain on Weather.com, tracking breaking news on Bloomberg, or checking your ETA in Lyft — location is essential to every one of these applications, and they’re powered by Mapbox. We craft beautiful maps and developer-friendly location data, APIs, and SDKs so that you’re free to focus on designing, building, and developing your application. Our open-source tools let analytics companies understand big geo data, drone companies publish flyovers, real estate sites visualize properties, satellite companies process cloud-free imagery, and insurance companies track assets. Mapbox proudly embraces our open-source roots. We work in the open and release as much code as possible. We believe it’s the right thing for people, technology, and business.
Want to learn more about Mapbox? Visit Mapbox's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos