Mark43’s mission is to empower communities and their governments with new technologies that improve the safety and quality of life for all. We build powerful, scalable, and elegant software that sets a new standard for the tools our first responders rely on. Our users are diverse, and we are therefore committed to embracing diversity of thought and experience within our team.
We’re seeking an ownership driven, innovative Associate Product Manager capable of driving ideas through design and engineering all the way to launch. Our products solve challenging problems unique to the public safety space. Our product also promotes efficient data input, cutting down on paperwork and keeping officers in the streets. To that end, the product team thrives on our uncanny ability to research and break down complex problems into simple and delightful user experiences. Our current team members come from very different backgrounds, including SaaS, startup, finance, and AdTech. Their unique mixture of experience, especially in ethnographic research, UX design, and agile/kanban methodologies equip them well to work with our wide pool of user groups.
What you can expect to work on:
- Doing field research alongside public safety professionals
- Gathering and documenting robust product requirements to guide design and engineering
- Making data driven product decisions
- Channeling the points-of-view of a wide range of stakeholders
- Working towards a worthwhile mission with a team of friendly and intelligent coworkers
- Shipping features, from concept to launch
What we expect from you:
- 1-2 years working experience in a product, design, or engineering role
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
- Experience overseeing a product or project from concept to launch
- The business, design, and tech acumen to have productive discussions with sales, designers and engineers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortability working with distributed teams
- Ability to see the simplest path through a complex workflow
- Knows how to channel the points-of-view of a wide range of stakeholders.
- Comfortability doing field research alongside law enforcement and public safety professionals
- Passion for holistic product design that solves real problems
- An interest in GovTech and the public safety space
- Willingness to empathize with users who may be unlike yourself
- Coming to work with an open mind and leaving your ego at the door
- Ownership over your own work and a commitment to every part of a task, from big picture to small details
- An attitude that is self-motivated, humble, detail oriented, and committed to quality
- Your own unique talents - if you don't meet all of the qualifications above, tell us why you'd be a phenomenal fit for this role in your cover letter
What you can expect from us:
- Constant collaboration with numerous Mark43 teams, including Design, Engineering, Sales, and Implementation
- Building mission critical and socially responsible software to enable first responders to better serve their communities
- A team that respects and embraces your ideas and expertise
- Coworkers that are motivated by pursuing excellence, rather than the prospect of personal gain
- A workplace dedicated to supporting and bettering public safety and government agencies
About us Mark43 unites a set of public safety software tools securely in the cloud, making access to reliable and actionable information a reality for first responders.