Mark43’s mission is to empower communities and their governments with new technologies that improve the safety and quality of life for all. We build powerful, scalable, and elegant software that sets a new standard for law enforcement tools and technology. Our users are diverse, and we are therefore committed to embracing diversity of thought and experience within our team.
As a Sr. Product Designer you'll help define the form and functionality of our cloud-based software products. Working closely with product managers, you'll do field research to help figure out how our products should work for our users. You’ll be trusted with design responsibility for large swaths of product which are often being built from scratch without good precedents to follow. You’ll shepherd designs through development by working with front-end and back-end engineers to ensure the final product fulfills the original goals.
The Sr. Product Designer position at Mark43 is predominantly a hands-on design role with some indirect management responsibilities working alongside and mentoring 1-2 other designers. Though we have developed established design languages, our products generally have dense information hierarchies on each screen and require expertise in user interface design to adapt and augment existing patterns. This is more like desktop productivity software design than consumer web app design.
We hope you're excited about building high-performance software products for power users who will be using your work daily to make communities safer, while also ensuring accountability in the justice system for all parties involved.
What you can expect to work on
- Working closely with product managers to figure out feature requirements
- Working closely with engineers to understand technical constraints that inform design
- Participating in group design feedback sessions with designers, product managers, and engineers
- Working quickly to create and execute designs for new features as we scale our product
- Lead by example within the design team to build repeatable design processes
- Indirect management and mentorship of 1-2 designers
What we expect from you
- 4+ years of professional design experience
- Experience making complex systems easy to use
- Polished, high-fidelity design files
- Mastery of information hierarchy and typography's role in that
- Ability to persuasively justify and explain rationale for your design decisions
- Ability to empathize with users who may be unlike yourself
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and committed to quality
- An interest in GovTech and the public safety space
- Coming to work with an open mind and leaving your ego at the door
- Flexibility in design thinking/approach; our products are likely different from anything you’ve designed before
- Ownership over your own work and a commitment to every part of a task, from big picture to small details
What you can expect from us
- Working alongside talented designers passionate about a wide array of topics, such as pixel-level UI design, rapid/clickable prototyping, research/product testing experience, and other multi-disciplinary design skills (we design: digital products, print marketing, exhibit booths, our office space, etc.)
- Constant collaboration with numerous Mark43 teams, including Design, Product, Engineering, Implementations, and Marketing
- A team that respects and embraces your ideas and expertise
- Coworkers that are motivated by pursuing excellence, rather than the prospect of personal gain
- A workplace dedicated to supporting and bettering public safety and government agencies
We are not actively hiring for this position, however, we regularly review submitted resumes. You are welcome to submit your resume for future consideration for a career at Mark43.
About us Mark43 unites a set of public safety software tools securely in the cloud, making access to reliable and actionable information a reality for first responders.
Want to learn more about Mark43? Visit Mark43's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager, Platform & Game Operations
Skillz, San Francisco
Front End Engineer, Courier team
Wolt, Helsinki, Finland
Market Research Lead
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Visual (UI) Designer
Kraken Exchange, San Francisco
Director - Product Management
Gwynnie Bee, New Delhi, India
Head of Deposits
Metro Bank, London